WORLD VISION VIETNAM is looking for Vietnamese competent candidates to fill the following vacancy:
WVV People and Culture Officer (Temporary)
- Work base: Hanoi
- Deadline for application: July 13th, 2022
For detailed Job advertisement, Job description please find on WV Vietnam's career page:
I. WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND
World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, WVV is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that Area Program (AP) team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
II. PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To undertake all P&C functions in the assigned zone including Employment, Recruitment, Performance Management, Training and Development, Staff Engagement and P&C information management with supervision and support from P&C Director.
III. ROLE DIMENSION/DESCRIPTION
- Work with department heads to understand current and future staffing needs in alignment with strategic directions and operating plans, then define appropriate recruitment, retention and downsizing strategies
- Facilitate the standard recruitment processes (including reviewing JDs/TOR, advertising vacancy, screening, shortlisting, interviewing, preparing written test, organizing fieldtrip, checking reference, and drafting job offer, preparing employment contracts) in an effective, timely, fair and transparent manner to select qualified candidate for the job
- Coordinate orientation process for new hires to equip them with knowledge & understanding on the WV’s organization & policy.
- Facilitate employment and separation process in compliance with WV’s Policies and Labor Law
- Handle staff grievances & disciplinary action processes in consultation with the P&C Director and line manager following Labor Law, WVV’s policies and WV principles on employee relations.
- Monthly update all staff changes to Payroll, Government Social Insurance Agency (SI Hanoi) as well as Personal Insurance Agency in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administer Insurance and Trade Union benefit claims for assigned staff in compliance with Insurance package & Trade Union regulations.
3. Performance Management
- Introduce and provide support and coaching for all the managers and staff about the performance management system and tools to ensure performance management process (performance agreement, mid-year review and year-end review) of all the staff is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- Coach and support line managers in conducting the Performance Improvement Process for staff who have performance or attitude issues in accordance with the law and WV policies.
4. Learning and Development
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to manager and staff to identify specific learning/development needs, develop and implement individual development plan as part of Performance Management Process.
- Support managers and staff to develop their core competencies in alignment with WV’s competency framework for leaders and for all staff.
- Facilitate the implementation of Talent Management Process including talent identification, development and review, in working closely with the line managers.
- Provide inputs to succession plans for critical roles and career development plans for top talents and provide support in implementing them.
5. Staff Care & Employment Engagement
- Facilitate staff engagement survey (Annual Our Voice Survey) to engage and get feedback from staff on Staff and Organizational Well-being aspects and work with relevant departments/ teams to response the survey results.
- Facilitate the implementation of staff engagement and staff care initiatives and policies to ensure well-being and engagement of staff.
- Ensure that the all the staff enthusiasm and effort are recognize timely at appropriate platforms.
- Make meaningful contribution to internal social network platform (Yammer) and regular reflection sessions to cultivate the organizational culture in alignment with WV’s core values and promote employment engagement.
- Cooperate with line management to ensure that all WVI ethos, core values are subscribed to and lived out by all staff.
6. P&C Information Management
- Maintain up-to-date personnel profiles for all staff under zone in charge
- Make sure all paper works are filed in its correct section and in a timely manner. Out of date and irrelevant document are sorted out and to be stored away properly so that they can be retrieved quickly
- Maintain & update employee data/changes on Our People in a timely & accurately manner to use for reporting & decision making
- Provide P&C monthly reports and updates in a timely & accurately manner.
- Provide statistic of the assigned zone as required.
IV. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Degree in Human Resource Management is preferred.
2. Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to assess projected workforce needs and source, attract, screen, and select potential candidates in an effective and transparent manner.
- Ability to facilitate and maintain a healthy employee to employer relationship that is in compliance with local employment legislation.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate staff development solutions that result in improved staff performance.
- Ability to design and implement employee engagement initiatives, including team building, staff care, health and well-being solutions and employee engagement survey.
- Ability to research, plan, implement and administer cash remuneration and health & welfare benefits in alignment with the total rewards philosophies.
- Ability to develop and support performance management processes and systems, materials and training, to enable high performance.
- Ability to design and implement succession planning/ talent management/ leadership development tools, processes and practices.
- Ability to administer People & Culture information systems, data reporting and analysis
- Ability to work alongside line managers and other stakeholders as a strategic business partner
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage staff’s performance
- Willing to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit your application by sending the CV and Cover Letter to WVV_recruitment@wvi.org
V. Our contact details are:
- People and Culture Department
- World Vision International - Vietnam
- Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
- Tel: 024. 39439920
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN