Call for Expressions of Interest and Proposal
VN042 – A local photography company to capture images of WHO Viet Nam activities in the southern provinces/cities of the country
1. Purpose of the assignment
This service contract for a locally based photography company is being raised for WHO Viet Nam to be able to acquire high-quality and high-resolution images on the COVID-19 response and other health issues, which will fill in the gaps in technical area representation in Viet Nam’s Multimedia Library folder, as well as its image bank.
The contractor(s) will be required to have own equipment and be available for travel, as needed, to the areas where WHO supported or related activities will take place.
WHO Viet Nam aims to ensure that appropriate images will be readily available for all communication materials to be produced by the country office, including highlighting response to the COVID-19 pandemic and related health issues. Currently, there is insufficient photo representation of priority areas and activities for the pandemic response in the WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific multimedia library and WHO Viet Nam.
As such, it has been challenging to select context-appropriate photos when developing communication materials, including for social media use.
3. Planned timelines (subject to confirmation)
Start date: 20 July 2021
End date: 30 November 2021 (all post-production processes completed, and final files submitted)
4. Work to be performed
- Produce high-quality, high-resolution images of various activities and technical area-related subjects, especially on the COVID-19 response and other health issues in the southern provinces/cities of Viet Nam
- Digital processing
- Advise on possible locations or poses for photos and ensure appropriate set up ahead of time.
- Provision of high-resolution electronic copies, sorting, captioning and grouping images by date prior to delivery.
- Ensure subjects in the photos have the necessary consent forms signed
5. Method(s) to carry out the activity
Document various activities of the COVID-19 response in the southern provinces/cities of Viet Nam. Please note that scenes and activities are subject to change depending on the pandemic stage, so the flexibility and innovativeness of the contracting partner is essential. The proposed range of activities to be documented include, but not limited to the following. The days are estimates and based on 8-12 hours estimate.
- COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement activities (3 days)
- Surveillance and contract tracing activities (3 days)
- COVID-19 testing in the community (2 days)
- Application of public health measures in various places and establishments (3 days)
- Patient management in health care facilities (if appropriate) (2 days)
- Isolation and quarantine facilities (if, and when appropriate) (3 days)
- Faces and scenes that would add human interest to the pandemic response at the local level (4 days)
- Other innovative Government and community actions (as appropriate) (5 days)
6. Output/s and deliverables
Output: High-quality digital photos for all the above-mentioned activities and subjects (with consent forms completed). The contracting partner will follow WHO Guidelines and technical guidance.
Deliverable 1: First set of photos covering July-August (30 August 2021) Deliverable 2: Second set of photos covering September-October (31 October 2021) Deliverable 3: Third set of photos covering November and completion from previous months (30 November 2021)
7. Specific requirements
- Experience required:
The selected service provider must have at least 5 years of professional experience, with a track record in documenting large events. A portfolio of the photography company’s best work is required to be submitted along with a price offer.
- Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
The selected service provider must have at least 5 years of experience working with professional photography equipment and relevant IT applications (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
- Language requirements:
The photographer should have below language skills:
- Preferred options:
Based in the southern province/city (i.e., HCMC)
Previous contractual services with WHO with proven quality deliverables would be of advantage.
8. Medical clearance
Medical clearance is not required for this contract
9. Place of assignment
Southern provinces and cities of Viet Nam
10. Travel: All travels related to covering the activities will be arranged by the photography company.
WHO can cover the cost of travel, the cost should be included in the budget proposal by the supplier. Please take note of the following when submitting application:
- Professional fee and travelling fee should be in separate parts in the price offer.
- The contractor will be responsible in paying tax, if any.
World Health Organization
UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street,
Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this TOR, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam