TERM OF REFERENCE
Photography consultant services for ongoing education projects in 2021
FOR VIETNAMESE NATIONALS ONLY
Aide et Action is an international nonprofit organisation working in 19 countries across Africa, Asia, and Europe. With the vision of Changing the World through Education, Aide et Action adopts a lifelong learning approach to reach the most vulnerable children and youth. Aide et Action has been working in Viet Nam since 2003 in Phu Yen, Khanh Hoa, Thai Nguyen, Hoa Binh, Lai Chau and Lao Cai provinces and focuses on three main themes:
1. Access and Quality of Primary and Secondary Education 2. Early Childhood Care and Education 3. Livelihood Education
Aide et Action Southeast Asia wishes to communicate the organisation’s achievements and success stories as well as challenges and tell the story of how the organisation’s projects are increasing access to quality education for marginalised children in Vietnam. To communicate efficiently, Aide et Action has the need to produce high quality photo material and is therefore seeking a photographer to document our work throughout 2021.
II. Purpose of the assignment:Under the supervision of the Country Program Manager and direct guidance of the RegionalCommunication Manager, the photographer will provide high quality still photography services. The photographer will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. The photographer will ensure effective and efficient provision of services, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. In all activities Aide etAction commissions, consultants are to ensure dignity of subjects, particularly children. The photographer will be responsible in producing photo stories that reflect:
- Past and current barriers Aide et Action Vietnam’s project participants face in accessing education
- The outcomes of specific projects (detailed below)
III. Scope of work and timeframe:
Scope of work:The recruited photographer is expected to produce:
- A series of photo stories – 10-15 edited photos per story. Number of stories will depend on project, location and time available and will be determined at a later stage.
- A minimum of 100 unedited contextual photos per project site that reflect Aide et Action’s project’s focus areas and document various project activities. Activities may include but are not limited to: o Aide et Action implementing project activities o Students eating lunch/receiving nutritional support o Classroom environments including students learning at desks or interreacting with teachers in class o Students traveling to school and other contextual images of geographic remoteness of schools/homes o Teachers – in school environment or attending training o Community projects teaching parenting, livelihood skills, etc. o Everyday life for children/parents/community members showing harvest season, agriculture work, etc. o Hygiene practices at schools or at home such as hand-washing
Timeline:The assignment is expected to be completed by 30 December 2021 within the project period from 1 March – 30 December 2021.
- The photographer is expected to be ready to begin by 1 March. The estimated time (excluding travel) will be 2-3 days of shooting in the field (locations to be determined) and may involve several trips (likely to be a minimum of three) to various locations throughout the year.
IV. Expected deliverables:The consultant is expected to produce the following deliverables:
Contextual photos of project activities and project locations:A minimum of 100 unedited high-resolution photographs (a detailed shot list will be provided to the photographer to use as a suggested guide) per project site visit.
Expected photo stories:A series of photo stories, each with 10-15 edited photographs with English captions will be required. The number of stories required will be determined by the project’s focus and the site location. Aide et Action project/communication staff will travel to the field with the photographer to assist in identifying and interviewing project participants to capture the required stories. An example of stories we could require:
- A member of a children’s club who has learned new skills/knowledge and enjoys going to school and participating in the club. Also needed: a testimonial from parent/teacher on a change in ability or behavior in child
- A teacher who has received teacher training/improved learning environment and feels he/she is now offering his/her students a better-quality education as a result
- A parent who is a recent participant of this new project and can describe their needs for their children, why they joined the project and what they hope they can gain from it
- A parent/family dependent on agriculture demonstrating the types of livelihood opportunities in remote project locations and the relevance of our project activities in this specific location.
- A primary school child who already has gained access to improved nutrition that they did not have before joining the project. Also needed: a testimonial from parent/teacher on the importance of nutrition.
VI. Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills ● Excellent photography skills and ability to deliver images that tell a story ● Ability to work with a multicultural environment and a multidisciplinary team ● Willingness to travel to project sites (within Vietnam), no matter how remote ● Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards ● Positive, constructive attitude to work
Required Skills and Experience
- Educational background in photography, journalism, communications, arts, media or any relevant field
- Minimum two years of experience shooting video and photography for NGOs
- Good communications skills and ability to conduct short interviews with subjects
- Contributing extensively to national and international media outlets is an asset
- Excellent communications skills especially written for putting together captions, photo essays etc
- Excellent coordination, organizational/management and communication skills
- Ability to travel and under tight time constraints
- Capacity to provide necessary photography equipment
- Preference to photographers with local language skills
VI. Application process:We are seeking Vietnamese nationals only for this position due to Covid-19 restrictions on travel and for ease of access/understanding of language. Interested photographers must submit the following documents/information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 28 February 2020:
- A CV indicating past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number)
- Contact details for two professional references
- Link to online portfolio (please be selective and show only your best and most relevant work in one file/location and not a series of folders of images we need to navigate)
- Details of equipment
- Financial proposal, as stating Daily Fee in USD for shooting and editing. No other costs should be included in the financial proposal at this stage
Please be informed that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further information and discussion. The recruitment process may end sooner if we find a suitable candidate to fill this position.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)