Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Consultant
Date of issue: 25-06-2021
Closing date: 4-7-2021
Duty station: Hanoi
Country: VIET NAM
Duty station: Vietnam Red Cross, 82 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
Duration: 3 months
Category of Staff: Consultant
Grade: To be determined
Vacancy No: VNRC062021
VNRC is implementing the USAID/BHA-funded project "Emergency Assistance to people affected by floods, landslides, and storms in Central Vietnam" to support local people in the Central coastal provinces with emergency assistance.
Based on the impact of the disaster, the identified urgent needs, and the capacity of its branches in the affected areas, VNRC is targeting the most vulnerable poor households that have been severely affected by the floods in four provinces are Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, and Thua Thien Hue. While lost livelihood and houses severely damaged will be considered the most important criteria for selecting people to receive cash assistance, other vulnerability criteria will also be taken into account during prioritization.
This Project seeks to deliver assistance to and support the immediate and early recovery needs of 4,700 households (14,550 people) for nine months, with a focus on the following areas of strategies of implementation: Shelter, ERMS, and MPCA.
The Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (PMER) Consultant's overall task is to support the Project Manager in delivering plans/appeals/reports and working with VNRC staff to improve PMER capacity, so that project planning, M&E, and reporting standards are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the USAID/BHA funded Project in ensuring effective reporting and reports. The tracking system in place and meeting the USAID/BHA reporting requirements (frequency, quality, capacity, and timeliness) for all running activities have been planned and agreed upon under this operation.
- Closely work and support VNRC on PMER in Emergency Appeal Operation as assigned by Project Manager.
- Data collection and data utilization plan.
- Work with VNRC's Project Manager and Project Officer to obtain data and information for reporting.
- Prepare and final editing of all plans and reports, ensuring that professional standards and formats are adhered to.
- Act as the focal point for data/resource collection and processing, including support VNRC in post-distribution monitoring (PDM) and beneficiary satisfaction survey (BSS) and feedback system as part of community engagement and accountability (CEA).
- Assist in coordination, design, and delivery of PMER related training to VNRC staff as requested.
- Work as part of the VNRC's Operation PMER team, provide cover and backup support as needed.
- Assist in proposal writing and grant management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Master or university degree in relevant education or an equivalent of qualifying experience: 10 points
- At least five years of experience in project life cycle management, including proposal development, budgeting, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation: 20 point
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the topic of Humanitarian:20 points
- Climate Change, Gender field: 20 points
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context: 20 points
- Finance proposal: 20 points
- Excellent command of English and Vietnamese: 10 points
Deliverables and timelines and payment
- Report on feedbacks at distribution points:
- ITT tracking
- Payment: 30%
- Report on feedbacks at distribution points
- ITT tracking
- Payment: 30%
- End line report
- Payment: 40%
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The PMER consultant will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
Vietnam Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter containing the name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by CoB on July 4, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi