Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Date of issue: 20-10-2021
Closing date: 09-11-2021
Duty station: Hanoi
Country: VIET NAM
Duty station: Vietnam Red Cross, 82 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
Duration: 6 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
Vacancy No: VNRC102021
The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC) is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the world\'s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
VNRC seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years, the Vietnam Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The VNRC is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, active in all 63 provinces, 705 districts and in 11,159 communes with 15,224 paid staff, 361,266 volunteers and 4,416,337 members (According to VNRC Annual Report 2017). The VNRC has strong support from the GoVN at all levels, including salaries for key personnel and operational support to the Red Cross chapters and branches. The Government has adopted the ‘Law on Red Cross Activities’ (Law No. 11/2008/QH12) valid from 1st January 2009, which defined the VNRC’s seven core area of activities: Emergency relief and humanitarian aid; Health care; First aid; Donation of blood, tissues, organs and bodies; Tracing of relatives missing in wars, natural disasters and other disasters; Dissemination on humanitarian values; Participation in disaster preparedness and response. The Law puts the VNRC in a unique position to deploy its staff and volunteers to disaster zones, to help people, to access Government funds and to raise funds from the public for DRM.
VNRC is implementing the USAID/BHA funded project "Emergency Assistance to People Affected by Covid-19 in Vietnam” to support local people in ten coastal central provinces with emergency assistance.
Based on the impact of the COVID-19, the identified urgent needs, and the capacity of its branches in the affected areas, VNRC is targeting the COVID-19 affected people in hard-hit provinces by floods and storms 2020. They are suffering from severe income loss as a result of less or no access to job opportunities. Following the standard guideline, VNRC will identify an indicative list to be prioritized. However, the vulnerability criteria for priority households may vary depending on the impact of the disasters, coping strategies, and context (urban or rural). Beneficiary selection will be well-coordinated with local authorities and other stakeholders to avoid overlapping. Priorities are households that have: People with disabilities; Member(s) with chronic disease; Adult Female No Adult Males; Pregnancy or children under 12 months; Member(s) under COVID-19 isolation; Older adults over 65 years. Ten provinces are Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Dinh and Phu Yen.
This project seeks to providing conditional food vouchers, washing NFIs, and hygiene promotion to 12,103 households (37,306 people) in 10 provinces/city in Central Vietnam affected by 2020 floods.
The Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer (PMER) Officer’s overall task is to support the Project Manager in ensuring quality and timely delivery of all plans/appeals/reports and to work with VNRC staff to improve PMER capacity so that USAID/BHA funded project planning, M&E and reporting standards are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the USAID/BHA funded project in ensuring an effective reporting and reports tracking system in place and meeting the USAID/BHA reporting requirements (frequency, quality, capacity and timeliness) for all running activities have been planned and agreed upon under this operation.
- Closely work and support VNRC on PMER in Emergency Appeal Operation as assigned by Project Manager.
- Data collection and data utilization plan.
- Work with VNRC’s Project Manager and Project Officer to obtain data and information to be used for reporting.
- Prepare and final editing of all plans and reports, ensuring that professional standards and formats are adhered to
- Act as focal point for data/resource collection and processing including support VNRC in post distribution monitoring (PDM) and beneficiary satisfaction survey (BSS) and feedback system as part of community engagement and accountability (CEA).
- Assist in coordination, design and delivery of PMER related training to VNRC staff as requested.
- Work as part of the VNRC’s Operation PMER team, provide cover and back up support as needed.
- Provide assistance in proposal writing and grant management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience required
- Red Cross Red Crescent Movement related training desired
- At least 5 years of humanitarian work experience
- Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management projects and activities especially population movements
- Work experience with RC/RC
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Effective team work and project management skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Good command and use of software and/or applications on data collection and analysis.
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The PMER Officer will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
Vietnam Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Organisation Name: VNRC
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 2021-11-09
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter containing the name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [REDCROSS - 1021] - Position - Full name by CoB on November 09, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International