Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Date of issue: 22-12-2020
Closing date (Geneva time zone): 04-01-2021
Duty station: Hanoi
Country: VIET NAM
Duty station status: Family Duty Station
Accompanied status: Accompanied
Duration: 6 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
Vacancy No: IFRC04726
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises. The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services. The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat. The Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) leads the support to National Societies of 38 countries – including Viet Nam. The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) in Bangkok is responsible for overseeing IFRC support to the Viet Nam RC (VNRC), including in implementing humanitarian and development programmes that address the needs of vulnerable people. The central region of Vietnam has been experiencing prolonged heavy rain since 6 October 2020. Authorities estimate that a nearly eight million people have been exposed to the storms, and some 1.5 million people have been severely affected by the storms and floods. Many lives have been lost and over two million livestock have been killed or swept away. The floods have caused significant damage to infrastructure including roads, schools, health centres and community facilities. More than 360 schools have been damaged while 30,000 hectares of agricultural land have been destroyed. The IFRC has launched an Emergency Appeal of CHF 3.9 million to support 160,000 people (40,000 households) people out 1.3 million affected in the next 12 months with the following major sectoral interventions: Shelter; Livelihoods and basic needs; WASH; Health; PGI; and CEA as well as DRR.
The Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer (PMER) Officer’s overall task is to support the Operations Manager in ensuring quality and timely delivery of all plans/appeals/reports and to work with VNRC staff to improve PMER capacity so that IFRC Emergency Appeal planning, M&E and reporting standards are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the operation in ensuring an effective reporting and reports tracking system in place and meeting the IFRC reporting requirements (frequency, quality, capacity and timeliness) for all running activities have been planned and agreed upon under this operation.
- Closely work and support VNRC on PMER in EA Operation.
- Data collection and data utilization plan.
- Work with VNRC Operation Manager and PO to obtain data and information to be used for reporting.
- Prepare and final editing of all plans and reports, ensuring that professional standards and formats are adhered to
- Act as focal point for data/resource collection and processing including support VNRC in post distribution monitoring (PDM) and beneficiary satisfaction survey (BSS) and feedback system as part of community engagement and accountability (CEA).
- Assist in coordination, design and delivery of PMER related training to VNRC staff as requested.
- Work as part of the CCST PMER team, provide cover and back up support as needed.
- Provide assistance in proposal writing and grant management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience required
- ERU, FACT or RDRT training desired
- At least 5 years of humanitarian work experience
- Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management projects and activities especially population movements
- Work experience with RC/RC
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Effective team work and project management skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Good command and use of software and/or applications on data collection and analysis.
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The PMER Officer will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi