- Position title: Policy Officer, Saving Threatened Wildlife
- Direct reports to: Wildlife Policy Manager, Saving Threatened Wildlife
- Supervises: Consultants as required
- Duration: December 2023 - November 2024 with potential for extension
- Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
- Deadline: 12th November 2023.
About WWF-Viet NamWWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for a committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Policy Officer, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife
Major FunctionReporting to the Saving Threatened Wildlife project’s Wildlife Policy Manager, the Policy Officer is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of policy advocacy related to the project’s objectives. In particular, the Policy Officer will ensure timely delivery of policy-related consultancy packages by holding regular discussions with the respective consultants and stakeholders. The Policy Officer will also support the planning and delivery of other activities (e.g., workshops, field trips, etc.) as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science, Conservation Management, Business Administration or relevant fields; Masters an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience on policy advocacy, preferably in relation to the wildlife trade or wildlife conservation;
- Experience in working or in liaison with Government agencies;
- A demonstrable understanding of legal and illegal wildlife trade issues in Vietnam, Vietnamese legal framework, in particular related to wildlife; enforcement legislation as it relates to combatting wildlife trafficking, including loopholes, gaps and areas of non-compliance an advantage;
- Demonstrated sound understanding of CITES and CITES nationalization to effectively prevent and combat illegal import, transit, import for re-export, transportation of the project focus species an advantage.
- Knowledge of emerging areas and responses related to illegal wildlife trade (financial and transport sectors, online crime) an advantage.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to applyThe detailed JDs are attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Fullname - CV/CL”. Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: Policy Officer - Fullname
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer