- Gathers, selects and analyses information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including the press.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of events relating to political issues, in general, and in particular as they affect the countries and thematic mandates for which the staff member is responsible.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends and developments in the area of assignment and provides inputs on issues to senior officials and colleagues in missions and elsewhere in the Secretariat.
- Monitors national and regional level political developments and provides advice to field mission/UN agencies active on the ground.
- Provides technical and substantive back up in the implementation of mandates of the office, branch or unit.
- Maintains contacts with other sectors of the UN, other international organizations and governments on coordination and policy matters.
- Monitors actions taken by intergovernmental groups, UN organisations, government and non-governmental organizations.
- Selects, classifies and stores in computerised databases information relating to potential disputes and conflicts involving assigned countries or region.
- Participates in fact-finding and other missions to countries within assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in provision of secretariat services to Security Council, General Assembly, subsidiary organizations, negotiating bodies, conferences, meetings, and /or special missions.
- Prepares meetings of the SG/DSG/USG with officials from countries under the Organization's purview.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- These positions will focus on providing coordination support to the United Nations inter-agency process on preventing and countering terrorism, including work related to the countering and preventing of violent extremism conducive to terrorism.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration or other related. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in political science, international relations, law, disarmament, security, development management, conflict resolution or related area is required.
- Experience on counter-terrorism and prevention of violent extremism is required.
- Experience drafting policy documents on preventing and countering terrorism is desirable.
- Experience in inter-agency coordination work within an international organization is desirable.
- Experience with project management is desirable.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French (both oral and written) is required. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/06/2021GIZ Energy Support Programme
25/06/2021Save the Children