Announcement Number: HOCHIMINH-2021-12
Hiring Agency: Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
Position Title: Political Assistant - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 05/04/2021 - 05/18/2021 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade:LE - 1605 9
Salary: USD $20,075
Work Schedule: Full-time - The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Duty Location(s): 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FP is 5 (steps 1 through 4). Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (90 days) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
The Political Assistant serves as the locally-employed subject matter expert on internal politics and rule of law issues. This is a professional level position responsible for coordinating the politically-sensitive human rights and religious freedom portfolio for Consulate general Ho Chi Minh City. This position builds contacts, reports on, and analyzes on a wide variety of issues related to political, and social developments for the Front Office, the POL/ECON section, and official visitors. Collects, compiles and analyzes complex and sensitive data from multiple sources on important events, trends and leading personalities in the political spheres for reporting purposes. Develops and maintains expert and senior-level contacts in government, the Communist Party of Vietnam, academia, the legal and judicial community, business, and the media for HCMC and the 31 provinces in the Consular District. Also responsible for sharing a wide range of clerical and administrative duties with the section's other assistants, including drafting correspondence and diplomatic notes and securing diplomatic approval and arranging logistics for visits, travel and appointments. Acts as interpreter/translator and backup to the other assistants as needed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years of progressively responsible experience in one of the following fields: government, international relations, social sciences, policy, law, marketing, journalism, economics, other research and analysis.
University degree in one of the following fields: political science, international relations, history, government, journalism, economics, business administration, international law is required.
[please upload degree as verification of educational requirement]
This may be tested.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
- Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong analysis and intellectual skills are required. Must be able to develop and cultivate possible sources of job applicants for a variety of positions. Must be discreet in order to protect the confidentiality of personnel information and must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Good interviewing skills. Good presentation skills to deliver orientation/briefing/trainings.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust / Background Investigation clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button on website HERE. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if you are not Vietnamese citizen)
- A proof of citizenship
- Passport copy
- University Degree
- Driving License
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank