- Global, OTHER
- Contract type: International employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is constantly looking for seasoned and dynamic Team Leaders and Project Managers for large single and multi-country projects, subject to donor approval. This announcement; therefore, intends to build a pool of Team leaders/Project Managers, in the thematic area of various Agriculture Value Chain, Climate Change and Market Systems Development WASH projects for SNV countries in Africa and Asia.
Overview of the Position
The Team Leader/Project Manager is responsible for providing an overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project, internally with the project staff and externally with donors, host governments and other stakeholders. She/he will be responsible for overall project planning, implementation and management which includes among others: effectively steering project staff and team; efficient management of financial resources; review and approval of project budgets and monitoring expenditures; supervision of field operations; supervision of procurement and monitoring & evaluation; and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverable as required. S/he will ensure full compliance with the donor contract and regulations and will oversee the project reporting process to the donor. S/he will oversee performance management of all project staff working in his/her project.
- Execute overall project management;
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with local and national governments, private sector partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage donor relations and the donor contract;
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources related to the project;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance;
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with the donor;
- Identify follow-up funding and partnership possibilities with country management and business development.
- A relevant advanced qualification in Agronomy/Agribusiness, Management, Finance or Economics or related field;
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted development projects, preferably in (West) Sub-Saharan Africa;
- At least ten years of professional working experience in assisting, advising or implementing policy-based strategic planning in the agriculture sector;
- Solid experience in project management, especially EU/EDF DFID funded projects;
- Demonstrated experience in leading multidisciplinary teams in long-term assignments;
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
- Able to strategically inspire and energise project teams;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the rural WASH project cycle
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders;
- Highly-motivated self-starter with strong organisational skills who takes individual accountability seriously;
- Strong strategic decision-making and communication skills including reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Portuguese or French a strong asset. and additionally, for West-African countries, fluency in French is also required;
- Willingness to live and work in the project country and travel to project implementation locations.
Terms of Appointment
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and you will be able to see the status of your application through the link you will receive once you have applied.
SNV will only contact you if there is an open position available and your qualifications and experience match the role we are looking for.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of Agriculture experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before/on April 30, 2020
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International