- Location: Can Tho City, Vietnam
- Application deadline: 25 August, 2023
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract from 1st September 2023 to 30th November 2024
- Language: English (proficient)
CIRAD is the French agricultural research and cooperation organization working for the sustainable development of tropical and Mediterranean regions. CIRAD works with its partners to build knowledge and solutions and invent resilient farming systems for a more sustainable, inclusive world. It mobilizes science, innovation and training in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Its expertise supports the entire range of stakeholders, from producers to public policymakers, to foster biodiversity protection, agroecological transitions, food system sustainability, health (of plants, animals and ecosystems), sustainable development of rural territories, and their resilience to climate change. https://www.cirad.fr/en
About 3R4CSA project
The new project “Reduce, recycle and reuse for climate smart aquaculture (3R4CSA)” is funded by the FSPI program of the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France through the French Embassy in Vietnam. The project will be implemented in the lower Mekong Delta of Vietnam. The project aims to reduce waste from intensive aquaculture, recycle waste nutrients and reuse the recycled nutrients in the system and thus carbon reduce foot print of the aquaculture products
About the position
CIRAD is seeking a nationally recruited Post-Doctoral Fellow to support the achievement of the project goal. The primary purpose of this position is to achieve the research activities of the 3R4CSA project in Vietnam, under the direction of the CIRAD Project Coordinator.
The candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team of experts from different backgrounds (fish nutrition, aquaculture technology, environmental impact assessment, bioprocessing, economics and business studies from different project partners in Vietnam and in France. The primary responsibility of the candidate will be writing high quality scientific articles including review articles. S/he will also assist in writing project reports, develop training curriculum, communication materials and popular articles. S/he will take part in conducting experiments and laboratory analysis to assist the scientific teams in the partner institutes, and if required data collection from pilots in the field. S/he will also play role in organizing project events.
- PhD in Bioprocessing, Environmental technology, Biotechnology or relevant field.
- Excellent proficiency of spoken and written English.
- Proven record of publications in his/her study field.
- Experience in publishing review articles are preferred
- Motivation for high quality science and delivery of impact from research.
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary research teams, linking own expertise to other fields, including value chains, climate change, environmental impact of aquaculture, scaling and gender research fields.
- Ability to work independently and manage research projects
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and CIRAD offers a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information by email 25 August 2023
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate for this role referring to the key responsibilities and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report
Click here to download the job description: :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKh3SzE1TCeBNN509tg-CD8vKH6xWQm5/view?usp=drive_linkKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children