- Application deadline: 12 September 2023
- Grade: Administrative Officer (AO)
- Type of Position: Part-Time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
- Working hours per week: 22.5 gross
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Country/Territory: Vietnam
- Location (City): Ho Chi Minh City
- Type of Post: British Consulate General
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Salary Currency: VND
- Salary: VND 16,032,000 (monthly)
- Start Date: 23 October 2023
Main purpose of job
- To support the Post Security Officer (PSO) and Regional Overseas Security Manager (ROSM) in the delivery of effective security and safety measures at the British mission and UK staff residences; appropriately mitigating and managing risk, ensuring the safety of staff and assets under normal working conditions whilst also preparing for times of crisis or incident.
- Be the point of contact for the outsourced Facility Management (FM) Service Provider with respect to security & safety matters at the embassy and UK staff properties.
- Manage the operational disposition of contracted guarding services and measure contract implementation against agreed standards (KPI) and assisting in the provision of operational briefings, induction and regular security training for all security guards.
- Assist with updating security elements of crisis management plans, ensuring staff and families are aware and fully briefed. Act as a member of the Crisis Emergency Team, providing security advice and assistance during crisis or emergency situations.
- Help structured emergency procedure training for guards, staff and families. Planning and conducting emergency drills and the weekly testing of all alarm systems.
- Be the focal point for Country Based Staff (CBS) security clearance processes, coordinating requirements with the ROSM and HR team.
- Conduct security briefings for new CBS staff, FM personnel and official visitors as required and issue security passes (if applicable).
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of additional security measures for major embassy events and VIP visits, liaising with venue security and local law enforcement.
- Undertaking additional duties in support of embassy requirements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Daily interface with and management of the contacted guard force ensuring service delivery against key performance indicators, ensuring guard awareness and response to emergency procedures, including fire and terrorist drills, real or otherwise.
- Preparation of guard briefing procedures, security, event and emergency plans.
- Ensuring the function of guard force technical equipment.
- Liaison with facilities management provider regarding guard appointments, security clearances and training.
- Risk assess and plan proportionate security management for official events & incident management.
- In collaboration with the ROSM, provide security advice including management and investigation of operational incidents.
- Be point of contact for all event security, ensuring guest lists are received in sufficient time and additional resources deployed where necessary, taking into account budgetary constraints and any necessary changes and adjustments in the program when required. Ensure the proportionate safety and security measures are in place.
- Advise the Post Security Officer (PSO) and ROSM of any security breaches and occurrences, concerns and requirements.
- Provide security briefings for official visitors, temporary duty staff, new joiners and arriving families and assist with contractors security briefings on site.
- Manage all access control aspects of post - Issue staff entry passes; maintain access control system and database. Manage visitors and contractors access passes.
- Assist ROSM with implementing Overseas Security Advisor recommendations, local staff clearances, independent research, providing reports on security-related subjects as required, analysis of current crime figures and trends in liaison with the PSO and ROSM
- Be part of post’s crisis management plans and take part in crisis exercises as and when required.
- Develop collaborative security knowledge via networks with other mission’s security staff, the Police and diplomatic and private security firms.
- Carry out regular emergency drills and security training for staff.
- Be available to escort non-cleared contractors or visitors.
- Liaise with CST to conduct residential security surveys on potential new properties.
- Act as point of contact for any local security projects under the guidance of the ROSM
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Fluent/Operational
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
How to Apply
F0r futher information about this job position and the application process, please access HERE. All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children