The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Communications, Press and Media
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
If you are passionate about producing visual content and have creative ideas about how to engage with online audiences, we’d like to meet you!
As part of one of the most dynamic teams at the British Embassy in Mexico City, you will have the opportunity to implement social media and communication campaigns, create and curate engaging digital content, while deepening your understanding about press and diplomacy.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
The job holder will be in charge of:
Audio-visual asset production
- Design and produce original digital content (e.g. graphics, video, photography, and other short-form content) for use on social media platforms or internal communications
- Conceptualise, produce and amend visuals based on requirements
- Preparing content according to our editorial calendar
Digital content support
- Draft and edit well-structured communications materials (e.g. social media posts, press releases…)
- Identifying opportunities in our content and recommending new topics
- Help Digital team during online events and engagements
- Assist in the implementation of communications projects and strategies with local and international stakeholders
- Assist with Public Relations activities, reporting and occasional administrative duties
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
We’re looking for someone eager to create, with great attention to detail, that is capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
They should be about to finish or recently graduated from Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Film, Visual Communications, or relevant fields. Candidates from different professional backgrounds will be considered depending on their application, experience working in similar fields and motivation for the job.
The successful candidate should have:
- A solid experience with design software (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Understanding of visual communication principles (i.e. composition, scale, colour, typography…)
- Excellent written communication skills. An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces is a plus
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Interest and knowledge of the UK culture would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with video editing tools (e.g. Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro) and Office
Required competencies: Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline: 3 January 2021
Type of Position: Intern, Fixed term, with the possibility of renewal
Working hours per week: 25; Monday – Friday 9:00 – 14:00 (Can be adjusted)
Region: Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
Location (City): Mexico City
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Stipend / Allowance: 3,925.00
Start Date: 15 February 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a six (6) month internship, with the possibility for extension.
Flexible working pattern; schedule can be tailored based on jobholder’s courses and school responsibilities.
As part of the British Embassy in Mexico, you will have continuous development through everyday job, access to knowledge and training on areas different to your own (design, communications, politics, economics, diplomacy), as well as the opportunity to take part in the FCDO’s learning activities and courses.
Candidates must be able to live and work in Mexico in their own right. The successful candidate will be subject to a security clearance and professional reference checks.
Our facilities are located in Reforma, Mexico City; however, due to the global situation, our staff is currently working remotely. Candidates should consider that staff might return to the office when conditions are adequate and safe.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities. All staff at the British Embassy and its Consulates in Mexico are expected to work towards the UK mission statement of Building a UK/Mexico partnership, which makes the world and us more prosperous and secure, and to embody the Embassy’s agreed values of Honesty, Respect, Inclusion and Professionalism.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third-party websites, however, our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Location: Mexico City
Deadline: 3 January 2021
Application link: Press and Communications Team Intern
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi