Job PurposeThe Principal Procurement Specialist is expected to complete a variety of tasks, covering all or a combination of the following functions: (i) oversee and provide high-level assistance, technical guidance and capacity building to ensure compliance with ADB’s procurement (goods, works, and consulting services) policies and procedures; (ii) lead in the provision of substantive assistance, technical guidance, and capacity building to ensure compliance with ADB’s procurement and consulting services policies and procedures; (iii) lead in the establishment, harmonization and improvement of these policies and procedures, consistent with effective project management for ADB projects in support of ADB’s goal of reducing poverty; and work within a framework of broad policies, principles and goals, applying a high degree of independence in the selection of work methods. The incumbent will report to Director, PFP1/PFP2 and may supervise one or more National and Administrative staff.
- Lead the design, processing, administration, and evaluation of loan and TA projects with emphasis on procurement and project administration; work with multi-disciplinary teams such as PPFD, Regional Departments, and developing member countries (DMCs) in developing, refining and monitoring country, sector and project performance indicators to promote project quality and improve portfolio performance.
- Chair Consultant Selection Committee meetings to shortlist consultants and evaluate their proposals; oversee and negotiate TA contracts with consultants; process and administer TA projects associated with procurement, project administration and country procurement systems; provide technical guidance and advice for developing project processing and administration systems.
- Oversee and review borrowers’ procurement actions and submissions for engaging consultants under ADB loans; provide technical guidance and advice as appropriate in accordance with ADB procurement policies and procedures.
- Formulate procurement policy and procedures, and project administration instructions; coordinate the harmonization of procurement policy with other development agencies.
- Lead projects/assignments involving moderate to high levels of risk with many variables, requiring constant review of deliverables and process, and multi-discipline including those outside of own field of expertise; perform work independently in own field of specialization, equipped with knowledge and experience of multiple disciplines.
- Act as the Secretary of the Procurement Committee (PC), if assigned; act as unit coordinator for a PPFD Regional Department Unit, if assigned.
- Deliver tailored training to ADB and executing agency staff to develop skills in procurement, consulting services and project administration in accordance with ADB policies and guidelines; deliver Business Opportunities Seminars.
- Contribute new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff; supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance; ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff; lead in supporting work planning and control over the quality of output for the division; provide guidance to other Procurement Specialists.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by Director, PFP1/2.
QualificationsRelevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, management, or related fields. University degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, management, or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- For internal applicants - Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within one year of appointment).
- Minimum of 12 years' relevant experience in procurement, project management or other related area in infrastructure (transport, energy, water sectors) projects, at senior levels (e.g., leading teams)
- Experience in applying expertise in an international setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Able to perform effectively as a team/unit lead, exercising supervision, coordination, and planning responsibilities over multi-disciplinary team/unit
- Able to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on delivery of services
- Able to coach team members to develop their capabilities/potential
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy