The OrganisationWe employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Vacancy: Procurement & Admin Officer
The position will be responsible to implement all procurement activities for all projects and office operation and ensure that goods are purchased to meet identified project needs in quality and time; warehouse management including TIM.The position will be in charge of providing professional service and advice to staff and visitors in Ho Chi Minh office on all admin and logistic related issues to ensure the quality implementation of project activities.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.Child safeguarding:
Level 1: the post holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore, a police check will not be mandatory for this post unless the content of the post changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level should be reviewed.
Key areas of accountability
Supply Chain Functions1. Conduct procurement activities and support Procurement Plan development
- Review projects procurement plans and closely work with assigned projects teams to finalise and update them.;
- Support Procurement Coordinator in developing a consolidated Procurement Plan;
- Collect information to understand the market and prepare for procurement works (annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly);
- Conduct all required procurements in accordance with SCI procurement guidelines and donor’s rules and regulations and to meet the programs’ demand for quality and timeline.
- Monitor quality of goods and services provided by suppliers and working with them to ensure highest quality;
- Draft contracts for review by Procurement Coordinator and/or Supply Chain Manager.
- Create and maintain a filing system for related procurement activities and ensure the accuracy of computerized database and administrative filling.
- Support project teams in preparing Procurement Plan for new project proposals;
- Work with project teams to ensure all related procurement works are done before project closure;
- Conduct emergency procurements effectively for the Southern Area projects if required.
- Maintain the smooth operation of ProSave and ensure the proper process of every purchase requests from assigned projects in ProSave system;
- Expand supplier data and ensure proper supplier registration in Ariba Network;
- Validate new suppliers’ information and upload to ProSave system and support suppliers to solve all data-related problems;
- Support assigned projects with ProSave problems;
- Implement supplier training sessions to engage the suppliers with the Ariba Network.
- Timely raise issues and concerns to the Procurement Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager.
- Maintain an effective warehouse management system and TIM with proper inventory codes and conduct physical stock check when required.
- Ensure all stock items in warehouse are properly manage according to SCI procedures including regular reconciliation between TIM and Agresso.
- Provide daily implementation of all logistics and ensure the smooth administrative operation in Ho Chi Minh office such as logistics support for meetings, workshops, handling office supplies, equipment, furniture, office permit, and other related activities.
- Ensure regular inventory physical check for all asset in Ho Chi Minh Office and all asset are properly managed according to SCI policies.
- Ensure the strict compliance to the Office Protocol, Fleet Operation Guideline in hiring cars for staff travelling.
- Maintain the physical and electronic filing system in Ho Chi Minh Office.
- Make sure that the maintenance and repair of office assets is done in proper and timely manner
- Ensure Ho Chi Minh offices petty cash are properly managed and monitored as per SCI policies.
- ImplementSafety and Security plan in Ho Chi Minh Office.
- Manage contracts for office services including office lease, Telephone, Internet, Office supply, car rental, hotel, air fares, insurance for office’s assets, etc.
- Ensure basic stock of office supplies is available at all times, including stationary items and pantry stuff.
- Ensure proper storage and security of all items, and track usage of all such supplies.
- Contribute to capacity development for the Supply Chain team members (internal training for SC team members, mentoring/on-job training for new members, buddy, etc.);
- Provide technical support and help build capacity of relevant staff and partners through training, coaching, regular visits and remote support;
- Support partners’ procurement activities in working closely with project staff and finance teams;
- Conduct training and induction on SCI policies for all staff and budget holders on Procurement Manuals and related guidances;
- Improve budget holder’s capacity on procurement budgeting and planning according to SCI guidance.
- Provide back up to other team members
- Provide back up to other staff in the team when required;
- Back up sourcing team to take lead in bidding process for goods and services, prepare minutes and provide guidance for the Procurement Committee as needed. Ensure bidding procedures are fully compliant with SCI’s policies and procedures and goods and services are purchased to meet identified project needs in quality and time and maximize cost efficiency;
- Be responsible for managing the sourcing module for the assigned sourcing activities in ProSave System.
- Facilitate data processing and data analysis in ProSave;
- To be flexible and available for missions to the field for special support or supervision on given admin and procurement issues.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)Accountability:
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in related field
Experience and skills
- 3 years in work experience in procurement and administration field. Experience in working with NGO is preferable.
- Has strong sense for compliance, at the same time has mindset of a services provider.
- Good time-management skills, excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Critical thinker andsolid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
- Good English written and verbal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good problem solving, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Familiar with online Procurement system (such as Ariba) is preferable.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Sense of ownership and pride in his/her performance and its impact on the organization’s success.
- Excellent prioritization skill and ability to organize and coordinate a variety of work activities.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documents and to prepare written reports, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan, organize, and coordinate a variety of work activities.
- Proven commitment to children’s rights and equality of opportunity.
- Ability to manage cash and keep proper records of cash disbursements and petty cash documentation.
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Application InformationPlease apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Ho Chi Minh - Procurement & Admin Officer - National Only - SCI Career Site Careers (oraclecloud.com)
- Location: Kicotrans Building, 5th Floor 20 Song Thao street, Ward 2. Tan Binh district, Ho Chi Minh City
- Closing Date: 04 Sep 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.All employees are expected to carry out their duties by our global anti-harassment policy.
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children