DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
- Job Title: Procurement Assistant
- Project: USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project
- Reports to: Procurement Manager
- Location: Hanoi
- Date: October 2022
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. The Project will implement a “Green Prosperity” approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
The Project will work in seven provinces (Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, Quang Nam) and focus on five objectives:
- Improve and expand community forest management
- Increase conservation-friendly enterprises in forest-dependent communities
- Increase functionality of law enforcement system for forest crimes
- Improve production forest management practices
- Mobilize domestic resources for forest management and protection
Overview of the Position:
The Procurement Assistant is a member of the Procurement Team. The Assistant will support the procurement team in day-to-day general procurement tasks, ensuring that all backup documentation is ready for audit and ensuring compliance with DAI and USAID rules and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review requisitions on DAI’s procurement management system (TAMIS) and advise requestors for any missing information if needed, ensuring all information is accurate and complete
- Support market research for products or vendors through online research or conducting initial outreach to local vendors;
- Scan and upload all required procurement documentation on TAMIS, ensuring complete records for approval by relevant stakeholders;
- Collect Goods Delivery Receipts and invoices for equipment or goods delivered to the Hanoi office;
- Check payment documents for travel, logistics, equipment, and other goods and services, ensuring all backup documentation in procurement checklists are complete;
- Submit Payment Requests on TAMIS;
- Support review of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with all regulations and the Field Operations Manual (when required);
- Conduct micro and simple purchases of commodities and services
- Support events management as requested by the Procurement Manager; and
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Procurement Manager.
- University graduate in a economics, foreign language or relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent command of Vietnamese and English
- Good literacy with major computer applications, and excellent excel skill is an advantage
- Careful and detail-oriented
- Good communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- A CV in English
- A cover letter in English indicating why he/she is suitable for this position
- Scanned copy of related degrees
via email to our recruitment email at VietnamSFM@dai.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line: “Candidate’s full name _ Procurement Assistant”
Deadline for application: 5.00 p.m. (Hanoi time), October 20, 2022
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other nonmerit factorKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
29/11/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
30/11/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact