- Position : Procurement Officer
- Program : USAID’s Vietnam Action Against Plastic Pollution (VnAAPP)
- Reports to : Operations and Finance Director
- Location : Hanoi, Vietnam
- Deadline: 24/11/2023
Chemonics International Inc. is the implementing partner for USAID/Vietnam Action Against Plastic Pollution (VnAAPP) project. The Project is an innovative and ambitious program designed to reduce ocean plastic pollution at its source in Vietnam through strategic approaches such as convening stakeholders’ power, promoting creation and implementation of data-driven policies, enhancing knowledge and sharing learning, promoting appropriately scaled technology and solutions, and providing technical expertise and building capacity of local governments to manage waste at its source to prevent plastic pollution in our oceans. Three main objectives of the Project are (i) supporting multi-stakeholder actions for Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), (ii) supporting scalable, demonstrated Single-Use Plastic Products (SUP) reduction measures, and (iii) supporting the development and implementation of sub-national level Integrated Solid Waste Management Plans (ISWM).
The CLA and MEL Director will develop and implement the VnAAPP Project’s CLA and MEL plan, and will integrate the CLA principles throughout implementation, sub-awards, action plans, and capacity building efforts to promote learning and build the MEL and CLA capacity of our consortium and stakeholders through training and knowledge transfer. They will work with technical staff to develop and manage tools for data collection, storage, and analysis. They will perform data analyses and generate reports to contribute to VnAAPP’s reporting requirements and communications products. They will also collect and disseminate lessons learned and share successes during project implementation. In conjunction with activity leadership, they will help VnAAPP’s team learn from its data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through PARs, POs, RFQs, RFPs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices and Delivery Reports.
- Ensure proper preparation and execution of procurement contracts and modifications of goods/services in line with Chemonics policies and USAID regulations.
- Ensure that the best quality of procured items for the fairest price through the collection of quotations and tendering for procurement when necessary.
- Conduct regular local market research to compare prices, reach fixed price agreements with legitimate providers/vendors, assist in maintaining legitimate providers/vendors database, and maintaining vendors tracker including their contact details and validity of signed agreements.
- Coordinate and liaise with all project teams to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services for the programs. Verify quotations, negotiation with supplier, monitoring goods delivery etc.
- Develop and update the vendor database of suppliers’ profiles, pricing and goods/services information, and their performances. Identify potential suppliers and build up an approved suppliers list.
- Issue bidding documents to potential applicants and participate in the evaluation of quotations and proposals.
- Develop procurement related documentation for submission for approval.
- Coordinate development of specifications/TOR for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the Subawards and Procurement Manager and/or the Operations and Finance Director.
- Degree in business administration, accounting, management, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience procurement/purchasing and supply chain related position including for USAID programs and/or NGO.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English required.
- Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications.
Please send your Cover letter and CV to VnAAPPRecruitment@chemonics.com by November 24, 2023. Early applications are encouraged. Please include the title of the job in the email subject line. No telephone inquiries please. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We review applications on a rolling basis. The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics.
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.