Position: Program Associate – Girls’ Education Program (PA_GEP)
Location: Tam Binh, Vinh Long
Employment: Full time
Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, Room to Read is creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality. We are achieving this goal by providing support during the two most critical time periods in a child’s education: primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. Our Literacy Program trains and coaches teachers, creates quality books and curricular materials and establishes libraries filled with diverse children’s books in local languages that can be enjoyed at school or home. Our Girls’ Education Program helps girls build skills to succeed in secondary school and make key life decisions by providing life skills curriculum, opportunities for mentorship and peer support, and family and community engagement.
Room to Read collaborates with local communities, partner organizations and governments to test and implement innovative models that can be integrated into the education system to deliver positive outcomes for children at scale. To date, Room to Read has reached 18 million children in 37,000 communities across Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zambia, and plans to benefit 40 million children by 2025. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org.
The GEP Program Associate’s overall responsibility is to work in team work with respective Field Manager (FM)/ Program Manager (PM) and Program Officer (PO) as well as other GEP members to ensure the program activities are on time implemented and have them monitored.
The PA will work closely with schools, students and teachers in the program areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position will work under the direct management of the Field Manager and Program Officer; specifically he/she will be responsible for:
- Planning for program activities and budgets.
- Support team in transferring the activities from in person to online.
- Working with accountant about payment for activities.
- Planning for logistic for program activities.
- Participation in Life skills, camps, field trip.
- Leading some activities/event as required.
- Case writing & photos.
- School monitoring: Meeting with principals, teachers, Social Mobilizers (SMs), girls.
- Training for SM/partner/ girls (co-facilitator).
- Coaching SMs and monitoring SMs work.
- Monitoring program activities at schools.
- Collecting local information related to GEP.
- Getting inputs from local partners in to the program.
- Home visit: coaching to SMs for problem solving to girls.
- Participating in RTR meeting, monthly GEP meeting.
- Packing the newsletter, timely dispatching and handing over of newsletter to girls and partners.
- Participating in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Managing girls situations
- Photos collection.
- Taking date on girls education performance: Attendance, tutoring.
- Monitoring logistics for activities and donor visits (accommodation, meals, and travel.)
- Working with Project Management Board (PMB) and monitor activities and budget implemented by PMB.
Data base and Reporting
- Maintaining & updating records related to girls, parents (GSD).
- Synthesis of monthly SM report on girls to PO Monitoring actual expenses by SMs.
- Activity actual expenses report.
- Ensure receipts/ bills legally collected.
Office work and others
- Support team members when the works required in respected areas.
- Assisting PO in office work
- A university Degree in related fields: either sociology, women’s studies, social work, pedagogic Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience especially in girls’ education.
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of gender issues in education.
- Strong knowledge and skill of virtual training and online training tools
- Strong planning, supervisory, coaching and management skills.
- Ability to travel frequently to target provinces
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Good working experience with education programs/projects
- Good working experience with local partners, government and other INGOs.
She/he will be working mainly in Tam Binh district, Vinh Long province. She/he may travel for work to other provinces or cities upon the request of the organization.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker that tries new things and inspires others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Qualified candidates are invited to apply at www.roomtoread.org/about-us/careers/. You will be asked to complete an online application and upload your resume and cover letter. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received.
Or you can send application directly to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross