PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and non-communicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities (GHSP). PATH is now providing technical assistance to the MOH and to hospitals and their laboratories to strengthen infection prevention and control (IPC) systems, improve hospital-acquired infection (HAI) surveillance, and accelerate surveillance of COVID-19 outbreaks and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Key to the success of the GHSP in Vietnam are close collaborations between PATH and the MOH, local organizations, and the CDC. To ensure functional and sustainable health systems, the GHSP focuses on building capacity of staff at local agencies and organizations by developing training materials and courses and offering tailored technical assistance.
PATH is seeking a Program Coordinator, based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing coordination, technical and programmatic support to engage with IPC national experts, community settings, government leaders, community-based organizations (CBOs) as part of PATH Vietnam’s project to assist IPC on COVID-19 in community settings in the country including factory’s workers.
- Provides direction and expertise in infection prevention and control in community settings following WHO and US CDC guidelines with adaptation to the Vietnam context
- Assists with providing direction, implementation of research and management of overall project implementation.
- Contributes to development of annual work plans and implementation
- Participates in developing the project budgets
- Liaise and coordinate with Donor’s factory workers, management, and health personnel in 3 provinces (Hanoi, HCMC, Bac Giang) to understand their information and quality monitoring needs related to COVID-19 outreach, prevention, care, treatment, and support services
- Liaise and coordinate with Donor’s factory workers, management, and health personnel, as well as other regional stakeholders on project planning and implementation activities
- Support the team in the coordination and facilitation of team and partner meetings, working group meetings and other workshops/meetings with government officials and the donor
- Collaborate with the technical team to draft meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and other key meeting communications. Oversee the Project Assistant to manage the meeting logistics
- Coordinate with team members and partners to maintain and update the implementation progress, including activities updates
- Effectively manage and mitigate risk related to the project activities by monitoring dependencies across the work plan and paying attention to compliance and regulatory standards. Work with the project administrators to ensure financial management practices are being adhered to
- Ensure defined standards, tools, and norms for activity management, knowledge management, and standard operating procedures are reinforced and adhered to by project staff
- Contribute to preparation of project reports and briefings on proposed and ongoing activities
- Contribute to development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables associated with assigned projects
- Represent PATH at workshops, conferences and other events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, medicine, or social sciences, or a related field. Advanced degree in public health or related field or MD degree is preferred
- At least five (5) years' relevant work experience in public health system in Vietnam
- Experience managing health programs in Vietnam
- Experience working on health and/or advocacy projects in factories or industrial zones or other physical working environments a plus
- Experience working on virtual healthcare, education, and advocacy training projects and/or workshop a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with government and other organizations at local, district and provincial levels, including CBOs, public and private sector
- Demonstrated experience in project planning/management, together with ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent IT skills, including a good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams), and project management tools such as Smartsheet or Microsoft Project. Knowledge of Box and Google Drive/Docs and Kobotoolbox is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and Vietnamese
- Quality assurance and improvement experience related to health care service delivery is a plus
- Experience with risk assessment and monitoring and evaluation of occupational health and safety, with emphasis on infectious diseases and extra points given to mental health work experience.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International