Program Field Officer – Central Highlands in Vietnam
Are you passionate about the interaction between agriculture and environmental sustainability? Are you a star in bringing stakeholders from the public and private sector together for a common goal? And do you have proven knowledge of the Central Highlands area in Vietnam?
Read on, as this job opportunity could be a good fit.
To strengthen its partners and to coordinate and monitoring the implementation of its project/programs in the Central Highlands region in Vietnam, IDH is looking for 01 field program officer who is able to assist in implementing its field level projects in Lam Dong provinces. In addition, the candidate will coordinate for the development of new projects of the Landscape and Coffee Programs for the period 2021-2025. The role entails intensive engagement with the Program stakeholders, including agribusiness and local government. The field program officer reports to and receives technical guidance from the IDH Vietnam Coffee Coordinator
Key responsibilities include:
- Project coordination: Coordinate the development and implementation of the ISLA/coffee projects in assigned province, supported by the global and local team. Manage a yearly workplan and budget, identify and contract implementing partners.
- Stakeholder management: Create awareness and drive the adoption of more sustainable/landscape practices in the particular industry and institutionalization of sector wide cooperation by convening key stakeholders (international and local); get strong buy in, trust and investment from public and private partners in different value chain, national and local governments and etc.
- Monitoring & evaluation: Carry out the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and finance in conjunction with the implementing partners and private sector players, as well as monitoring of implementers, organizations or any third party needed to deliver project objectives, best via the deployment of online reporting tool and M&E framework of VSAs and its targets.
- Communication: contribute to develop communication and other materials (e.g. proposals). Keeping relevant stakeholders informed on plans and progress.
- Learning: Bring best practices to the project from previous experience; facilitate the dissemination of knowledge in Central Highlands and Vietnam; identify and document the lessons learned based on local reality on the ground.
Who you are
You are an experienced project officer/coordinator in the area of sustainable agriculture management and/or in natural resources management. You combine technical knowledge with facilitation and negotiation skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. You have a solid understanding of the (environmental) sustainability issues in agricultural supply chains, especially on coffee in the Central Highlands region.
What you bring
- 01 field program officer is based in Lam Dong will work in full -time manner under the personnel management of the Coffee and ISLA (Senior) Program Manager
- Connection to key international and Vietnam stakeholders and experience in building innovative alliances between them.
- Passion for, knowledge of and experience in the field of sustainability
- Experience with coffee sector improvement programs in Vietnam
- At least bachelor degree in trade, economics, agriculture or relevant
- Knowledge of agronomy (preferably on coffee, landscape)
- Spoken and written communication skills in Vietnamese (native) and English (fluent);
- Willingness to travel extensively to the Central Highlands area, approximately 30-40% of your time.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is a foundation that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
This position relates to two of our key programs in Vietnam:
- The Initiative for Sustainable Landscapes (ISLA) Program, operational since 2015 in the Central Highlands. The ISLA operates under the following fundamentals: An integrated and cross?sectoral perspective tailored to the local landscape and local needs; Engagement of all relevant stakeholders, explicitly including the private sector perspective sourcing from the area; and Long?term commitment towards sustainable development of the landscape.
- The IDH Coffee program aims at improving efficiency of the coffee value chain and the quality of service delivery to farmers for sustainable coffee production. The Coffee program and the ISLA program are fully aligned to create larger impact at scale.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits. The position based in Lam Dong provinces, Vietnam.
Compensation will depend on an agreed work plan. The duration of the contract is for 1 year, with the opportunity to extend the contract afterwards.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by Wednesday March 31st 2021.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative Arthur van Schendelstraat 500, 3511 MH Utrecht P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands www.idhtrade.org
IDH Vietnam Office Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi +84 (0) 243 200 0741 firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam