Position: Program Management Coordinator, RECOFTC Viet Nam
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
At RECOFTC, we believe in a future where people live equitably and sustainably in and beside healthy, resilient forests. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach to supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equity. We are the only non-profit organization of our kind in Asia and the Pacific. We have more than 30 years of experience working with people and forests, and have built trusting relationships with partners at all levels. Our influence and partnerships extend from multilateral institutions to governments, private sector and local communities. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
RECOFTC is inviting candidates to apply for the position of Program Management Coordinator as part of the RECOFTC Viet Nam team. The successful applicant will be based in Hanoi, Viet Nam with occasional travel to project sites in Viet Nam.
The contract duration is for 24 months with a possibility of extension subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance.
Specific tasks and duties
The Program Management Coordinator works as a key member of the RECOFTC Viet Nam team. They will play a leading role in developing a system to support effective project management within the team and coordinating among project teams for quality project management, and monitoring and evaluation. They will report to the Director of RECOFTC Viet Nam and work closely with the Senior Program Officer for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Business Development Unit at the RECOFTC Main Office in Bangkok to ensure that country program management is effective and meets RECOFTC’s Strategic Goals.
Specific tasks and duties include:
Program and Project implementation (50%)
- Coordinate with RECOFTC Main Office on operations, business development, partnerships, knowledge management and strategic communication
- Develop and maintain program and project database management, including contractual information, payment and report schedule, and ensure that the information is shared within the team and regularly updated Support project team in project management and implementation of activities
- Prepare and review contracts and service agreements and respective term of references for hiring consultants for project and program delivery
- Support country report writing, project narrative report review processes and financial reporting by the project teams
- Provide timely country updates in program coordination meetings, RECOFTC annual planning processes and program review events
- Support social inclusion and gender equality and ensure that RECOFTC’s emphasis on social inclusion and gender equality is well integrated into RECOFTC Viet Nam’s programs and projects.
Monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) (30%)
- Work with the RECOFTC Main Office MEL team to develop a MEL system and work plan for RECOFTC Viet Nam, integrating projects across RECOFTC’s four strategic goals
- Support the Director of RECOFTC Viet Nam in developing, monitoring and evaluating annual work plans
- Support the team with baseline data collection, landscape factsheet updates and analysis systems for projects and programs based on the logical frameworks and indicators
- Coordinate with the team to collect required MEL information according to the work plan and analyse the information to support the team in planning and tracking progress of programs and projects
- Coordinate data entry into the RECOFTC MEL system and analysis of the data for progress reporting
- Provide technical support to the team on MEL to ensure that RECOFTC Viet Nam delivers effective MEL outputs
- Identify and work with the team to develop outcome reports and learning documents
Fundraising and private sector engagement (20%)
- Support the Director of RECOFTC Viet Nam in developing fundraising strategies and resource mobilization plans in coordination with the business development team at the RECOFTC Main Office, and develop and execute work plans for achieving RECOFTC Viet Nam’s fundraising targets
- Contribute to drafting project proposals for seeking funding support from donors, including private sector
- Identify fundraising opportunities such as those for capacity development services or technical consultants to support RECOFTC’s income generation plan and targets for RECOFTC Viet Nam
- Coordinate with RECOFTC Viet Nam and RECOFTC’s Business Development team to organize fundraising events and maintain partnerships with private sector actors interested in collaborating with RECOFTC
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of RECOFTC Viet Nam and Executive Office, RECOFTC
Qualifications and experience
The Program Management Coordinator will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor in natural resource management, business administration, social sciences or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in project or program management, particularly in development or natural resource management
- Proven track record of work experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Experience in developing project proposals and donor reports
- Good understanding of project management and implementation
- Good understanding of fundraising and private sector engagement
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management applications
- Strong team building and people skills
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills
- Fluent written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Willingness to travel frequently within the country and the region
- Vietnamese national only
- Strong writing skills for MEL and report writing
- Ability to coordinate with other team members, consultants, and use effective task management to implement programs and projects
- Ability to mentor and sharing for supporting team members and partners capacity to grow within the area of responsibility
- Openness to work across his/her own main function and ability to adapt and take initiative to improve the work quality
- Multi-tasking and ability to organize several tasks to meet deadlines
- Understanding and willingness to promote social inclusion and gender equality
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to, and learn from, challenges
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Prioritize sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to email@example.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. Offers are based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, colour, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)