Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been operating in Vietnam since 1994. In partnership with Government, Civil Society and Communities, CRS implements programs in 9 provinces/cities in Vietnam. The Vietnam Program has a diverse funding base in the sectors of Disabilities, Mine Risk Education and Landmine Survivors’ Assistance and Disaster Risk Reduction.
You will manage and provide technical oversight for MEAL in the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) programming,particularly for large and complex projects, ensuring effective MEAL systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your MEAL-related management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for MEAL in all new and existing projects within the CP throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards and MEAL policies, procedures, and practices; donor MEAL guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Champion the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research and publications and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Promote the application of learning to improve program quality and to strengthen agency influence among external stakeholders. Ensure integration of MEAL-related innovations and best practices.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP sector portfolio in line with agency, regional, and CP strategic priorities. Serve as the MEAL technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards. Provide guidance and technical oversight for the design of project and sectoral theories of change, results frameworks, and Proframes. Contribute to MEAL budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for the development and implementation of high-quality MEAL systems and processes, including ICT4MEAL and the application of responsible data principles as per agency and donor requirements. Promoting MEAL policies and industry good practices, champion the analysis and use of project performance data to inform decision-making and identify lessons learned. Facilitate connections between colleagues and peers to generate and share evidence-based learning.
- Provide management, guidance and technical oversight for project or program evaluation events and research, including the development of terms of reference or study protocols that include evaluation/learning questions, a balance of qualitative and quantitative methods, appropriate consideration of ethical and data protection standards, and the necessary technical rigor. Oversee the quality of evaluation data through good data management. Support the identification, recruitment, and management of external evaluators or research partners to ensure high quality evaluation, research, and learning.
- Oversee MEAL-related technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to MEAL and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of MEAL required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience inrelevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of MEAL.
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably withan international NGO.
- Fluency in spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 35%of working time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Country Manager, Sub-regional Head of Programs, Program Managers, and Project Officers, Regional Technical Advisor for MEAL and other MEAL staff in ESA Region
External: Local partner staff, community members, consultants
MEAL Competencies (for CRS MEAL Program Staff)
Each staff member in this position is expected to have advanced knowledge and ability and can apply the following competencies in new or complex situations.Guides other professionals:
- MEAL in Design
- Analysis and Critical Thinking
- Management in MEAL
Each staff member in this position is expected to have solid knowledge and ability and can apply the following competencies with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations, while requiring guidance to handle novel or more complex situations
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Applications in English should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- Application Letter
- Copies of degrees, certificates
Deadline for submission: 8 November 2020
CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or HIV/AIDs.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)