Program Manager – Textile & Manufacturing for IDH Vietnam
IDH – The sustainable trade initiative
Do you have a strong background in program management in environmental and/or social sustainability and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements?
We are excited to be searching for an enthusiastic and reliable Program Manager to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
The IDH Textiles and Manufacturing team reaches a wide range of stakeholders in the Apparel and Textiles sector through its diverse programs. With the intent to deliver system change though change in business practices, sector governance and field (factories) activities IDH partners with the private sectors to address responsible sourcing with our brand and retail partners. As we enter a new strategy period and set our sights on goals for 2025, we are looking for a Country Program Manager to help us continue to grow our reach and positively impact and solve critical issues in the apparel Sector.
IDH is currently looking for candidates for the position of Program Manager to support the development and implementation of textiles and apparel program in Vietnam. The position will be based in Hanoi and report directly to the Country Director of IDH in Vietnam. The position will also work closely with Global Director of Textiles and Apparel Business Unit to coordinate and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the Vietnam government (relevant ministries), private sector (brands, factories, industry associations), civil society, and technical experts in the Vietnam textiles and apparel industries to initiate, and coordinate efforts around creating a sustainable textile production system of the country, and to demonstrate the industry can become a positive catalyst for sustainable development.
The program will focus on two key areas for 2021-2025 and you will work closely with Brands and retailers to
- INSTEP Program: accelerate sustainable production in textile Industrial Park jurisdictions on collective efforts to address Environmental, Social issues leading to safer working conditions and lower environmental footprint (green house gas’s, water, effluents).
- Program for Apparel Wages: The Program will complement and build on existing experience and tools on wage measurement and improvement within companies and CSO’s Program targets to support and “model” social dialogue on wages (and responsible purchasing practices) in 5 industrial parks in the period 2023 -2025; To support timely and constructive in-country local stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for overall coordination of Textile & Apparel program in Vietnam and ensure targeted results and impact of the program at field levels and upscaling to lead for the changes at business practices and sector governance levels with support and guidance from IDH headquarter.
- Support in development and implementation of INSTEP and Wage program in Vietnam up to 2025: Supports the planning process, implementation and monitoring of the INSTEP and Apparel Wage programs in Vietnam; responsible for program strategy, annual plan delivery, operational management, fund raising and talent management & development
Stakeholder management and networking
- Manage and support private sector (brands, Industrial park management boards, factories) and donor engagement in the program.
- Responsible for the collaboration between IDH and MONRE on environmental transformation, promote environmental information disclosure of enterprises and improve environmental governance mechanisms; ZDHC zero discharge of hazardous chemicals in the textile and footwear factories to improve the environment and people’s wellbeing.
- Responsible for the collaboration with Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry for promoting sustainable industrial parks, especially Textiles Industrial Parks, in Vietnam
- Work with key public and private stakeholders to develop an agreed solution that will transparently help measure the performance of new and existing industrial parks (focused on textiles, apparel, and footwear industries), to ensure commitment to better social and environmental practices (e.g. support factories moving towards Sustainable Textiles Production in Vietnam).
- Responsibility for working on the maintenance and expansion of the IDH network and donor base, supporting colleagues doing similar work and contributing to the further strategic development of IDH. Identify, scout, track and evaluate new companies and organizations for potential partnerships.
Who you are
IDH is looking for a bright, motivated and organized team player that can execute assignments quickly, someone that is structured, flexible and accurate. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You have a background in environmental and/or social sustainability and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements and learn fast.
What you bring
- Good general knowledge and understanding of Vietnamese textiles and apparel industry.
- Good knowledge and experience working with the private sector, especially private sector in textiles and apparel industries.
- Strong track record and background in environmental and/or social sustainability and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements.
- Strong project management skills and a minimum of 5 years in management positions.
- Good knowledge and contact network of NGO and government agencies working in relevant field.
- Able to manage programs with a diverse group of stakeholders with an inclusive attitude, defining common goals and implementing actions
- Able to oversee field level implementation issues and resolve conflicts
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Familiarity with the manufacturing supply chain (e.g. apparel and footwear industry)
- Some experience in raising funds
- Works to achieve agreed objectives and is accountable for meeting or exceeding them
- Demonstrated ability in team working.
We offer you
- A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization
- 40 hours work week;
- all the work supplies you need to excellence in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- 26 annual leave and Vietnam national holidays as regulation
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English.
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 30th November 2022.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we're committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.
How to apply
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with a very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member, you can contribute to positive global change.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative Arthur van Schendelstraat 500, 3511 MH Utrecht P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands www.idhtrade.org
IDH Vietnam Office Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi +84 (0) 243 200 0741 email@example.comKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact