- Job title: Program Officer – Livelihood Education
- Office: Hanoi
- Type of employment: Temporary Contract
- Number of recruits: 01
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Department: Program
- Grade: E
- Gross salary: US$900 – US$1100
BackgroundAide et Action (AEA) International officially becomes Action Education (AE) International in 2023. AEA (AE) is an international non-governmental organisation working in more than 19 countries across Africa, Europe, South Asia, and Southeast Asia to support the development of sustainable education projects. We believe in the universal right to a quality education and for 40 years, have based our interventions around this ethos.
Our vision: Changing the world through education.Our Mission: AEA (AE) ensures access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children, so they can take charge of their own development and contribute to a more peaceful and sustainable world. AEA (AE)’s staff operate in the spirit of shared decision-making which demands teamwork, transparency, mutual respect, integrity, personal initiative, creativity, and professional discretion.
Our projects in Southeast Asia started in 2001 with local partners and government agencies in Cambodia, Vietnam, and Lao PDR to enhance the quality of education as well as to facilitate the access to quality education.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the implementation of projects under Livelihood Education Program in Lao Cai & Hoa Binh provinces in coordination with local partners and other team members to ensure effective delivery of the project outcomes.
Being a member of Livelihood Education Program, the post holder will be directly in charge of the implementation of projects under the program, with main responsibilities as follows:
- Be responsible for implementation of projects related to Livelihood Education Program including career orientation, vocational training, gender equality and entrepreneurship under the supervision of Project Manager (PM);
- Frequently travel to project sites to oversee the implementation of project activities, and directly carry out activities as necessary;
- Collaborate with communications & advocacy staff to develop promotion products for the projects;
- Participate in writing proposals or concept notes related to Livelihood Education Program and submit to potential donors as required.
- Prepare M&E plan and follow up indicator tracking of each project including providing instruction to local partners, regular monitoring and evaluation based on the approved logframe;
- Work closely with program team members and partners to make detailed implementation plan, ensure to achieve the outputs and outcomes of projects;
- Prepare project progress reports, midterm and final evaluation report in a timely manner according to requirements by Country Director, Project Manager, AEA international and donors;
- Promptly report any arising issues related to the projects to Project Manager and provide solutions to effectively address those issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with local partners and beneficiaries in the project sites;
- Actively network with relevant working groups, consultants, experts, corporate partners, local & international NGOs and government agencies to develop and implement networking activities at local or/and national level(s);
- Maintain the relationship with donors under the consultation of Program Manager.
- Provide technical support to partners and monitor project progress, project budget and spending; review and provide feedback on narrative/financial plans and reports prepared by project partners;
- Collaborate with the finance staff to review the implementation budget and submit financial reports as necessary.
- Promote and be a role model to support organizational culture, growth, performance and image;
- Actively support the organization commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO);
- Actively demonstrate the organizational values:
- Freedom: We respect people’s rights
- Respect: We value differences
- Solidarity: We are stronger together
- Equity: We treat people equally
- Integrity: We stand up what is right
BA Degree in Social sciences (such as gender studies, community development, international development, sociology, social work, economics, inclusive business, agricultural economics, business administration, etc.) is required.Experiences
- At least 02 years of experience in similar position (Project officer)
- Experience in development projects, preferably in international development
organizations on the following themes:
- Inclusive business/market-based approaches
- Vocational education and training
- Experience working for projects funded by international donors such as AFD, EU, ... is preferred.
- Good skills in project management, including project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and budgeting.
- Good reporting skill both in English and Vietnamese;
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English
- Good teamwork skill and ability to work independently with minimum supervision,
- Good communicator who is open, honest and supportive of others
- Excellent networking skills, ability to engage with the public and private sectors, as well as civil society;
- Good at time management and working under pressure.
- Strong desire to use his/her own professional expertise to support grass social enterprises to create positive social and environmental impact;
- Prior experiences in a fast-paced organization aiming for results and growth;
- Capacity to identify relevant social, financial, human and intellectual resources for the project implementation;
- Show a strong commitment and passion to social innovation and social entrepreneurship development;
- Sound knowledge on social issues including gender equality, social impact business, vocational training, career orientation, human rights, entrepreneurship, etc. ...
- Good French skills is a plus
How to apply:
The interested candidates who meet the qualifications are invited to send their CV with 3 (three) references and a cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title [AEA (AE)-PO] Candidate Name.Application Deadline: 26th September 2023 (The recruitment process may end sooner if we find the suitable candidates).
Note: This position is for Vietnamese nationals only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information and discussion.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)