As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), supports migrants, who are willing to contribute to the overall development of their countries of origin. It is run under the umbrella of the Center for International Migration and Development, which is jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA). The overarching objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for regular migration in selected partner countries.
The Program operates in five fields of action:
1. Development-oriented return
2. Regular labour migration and mobility
3. Social commitment of the diaspora
4. Financial and economic development contribution of the diaspora and migrants
5. Consultancy on migration governance
The core offer “Business Ideas for Development” (BID) of the field of action 4 aims to enhance economic and bilateral cooperation between Germany and partner countries through migration of skilled-people, technology transfer and innovation. These goals will be achieved via business start-up support and/or business incubation mechanism.
For our Program PMD we are looking for local professional to fulfil the following position:
“Business Ideas for Development”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration of assignment: ASAP until 30. June 2022
The Program Officer is responsible for the coordination and management of all activities in the field of action “Business Ideas for Development” (BID).
- works closely with the coordinator, who represents the Programme Migration & Diaspora at country level;
- coordinates all programme activities in the context of Business Ideas for Development (BID) in Viet Nam in close consultation with the coordinator, the project manager and other staff members of the Programme Migration and Diaspora at GIZ Head Office;
- carries out marketing activities in the context of BID in consultation with the coordinator and officers responsible for marketing and public relations activities for the PMD at GIZ Head Office;
- supports the coordinator in the implementation of the general PMD operation, in particular logistics and administrative works
- performs other duties and tasks at request
Specific tasks within the implementation of BID:
- acquires applicants for participation in the annual call for proposals for BID;
- organises BID events, providing information on the local economic situation and opportunities for entrepreneurs from the diaspora and alumni;
- supports, in coordination with other stakeholders, the evaluation and selection of business ideas of Vietnamese candidates;
- identifies resource persons, especially successful founders, for best practice contributions;
- compiles articles and provides information on the topic of business start-up for the PMD website, https://www.cimonline.de/de/html/index.html;
- creates and updates the mapping of key stakeholders in the area of business start-up, develops and maintains the network among relevant strategic stakeholders, and tracks the further development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem of Viet Nam;
- continuously develops – in coordination with other participants of BID – the on-site service offer, including the implementation of specific events on site, develop ideas for South-South activities with stakeholders and/or founders:
- builds a network to relevant stakeholders and entrepreneurs;
- advises, accompanies and builds networks amongst BID founders as a facilitator in the process of business start-up and in the post-founding phase.
- reports to the coordinator PMD, takes appropriate measures to secure operation of the programme if needed
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives (e.g. business administration, economics, development management, migration)
- at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- expertise in diverse economic topics, especially related to business start-up;
- study or work experience in Germany
- Vietnamese mother tongue and full proficiency in German; good knowledge of English
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 30th April 2020.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line or on the envelope: “Application for the Program Officer – PMD”
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)