THE ASIA FOUNDATION (TAF)
TITLE: Program Officer: Environment and Climate Action
UNIT: Vietnam country office
LOCATION: Hanoi, Vietnam
REPORTS TO: Program Specialist Group
CONTRACT: 12 months (starting August 2, 2021)
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Officer will assist the Representative, Deputy Representative and Program Specialist Group in developing, managing and evaluating projects and programs within The Asia Foundation’s office in Vietnam.
The program officer is a member of Program Support Unit and reports to an assigned Team Leader from the Program Specialist Group.
The program officer will regularly interact with current and prospective grantees, existing and potential donors, consultants and specialists contracted by TAF, and Vietnamese government agencies, private sector, international NGOs and local civil society organizations.
- Minimum five years’ experience in program development and management with a business, or an international organization or government agency cooperating with the private sector in a field related to Environment and Climate Action.
- Ability to develop proposals and manage projects and budgets.
A post-graduate degree in relevant field is preferred including, but not limited to environmental studies, green growth, energy (especially renewable energy development), climate resilience, MBA, etc. A university degree with significant work experience will be considered. Willingness and ability to learn, absorb new ideas, and collaborate with a wide range of organizations and individuals is critical.
- A high level of understanding of at least one of the following issues, including climate smart agriculture, disaster risk management for businesses, energy policy, planning and project development, biodiversity conservation, and urban resilience and working knowledge of the others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Strong drafting abilities in both English and Vietnamese.
- Proactive and independent work style essential.
- Willingness and capacity to collaborate with colleagues working in governance, inclusive growth, social development and gender, and education on existing projects and in the development of new projects.
Under the Program Specialist Group, the Program Officer will provide support for program development and implementation in line with the policies and procedures of TAF worldwide.
Program Development and Administration
- Assist in needs assessments, exploration of program opportunities, and identification of potential grantee organizations.
- Develop programs in consultation with grantee organizations, as directed by assigned Project Team Leaders.
- Draft Letters of Agreement (L/As), Letters of Contract (L/Cs), Terms of Reference, Program Budget and Payment Schedules, and internal narrative reports (TAF-254).
- Observe and monitor program activities, assist grantees with program management and administration, and maintain documentation of grant activities.
- Review grantee reports and critically evaluate program outcomes.
- Help to prepare annual program budget, program highlights, and other reports to TAF’s home office.
- Assist Project Team Leaders with the management of program budgets, including review of online reports (Costpoint).
- Understand and implement requirements placed on TAF by outside donors.
- Review incoming grant and contract opportunities, make recommendations to the Program Specialist Group and Country Representative, and draft response letters.
- Develop program schedules for consultants, TAF visitors, and grantee travel. Draft reports to donors. Provide translation and interpretation as needed.
- Assist the Program Specialist and Country Representative in coordinating the work of the Environment and Climate Action (ECA) Committee under the American Chamber of Commerce chaired by TAF.
- Coordinate communication and cooperation between the ECA Committee and other relevant committees under other chambers of commerce and Vietnam Business Forum.
- Assist in developing and maintaining good public relations.
- Develop and maintain contacts with the private sector, Vietnamese organizations and government agencies, and other international NGOs in Vietnam.
- Assist in drafting proposals for donors using established TAF guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with businesses, existing donors and funding agencies.
- Prepare reports for donors as required.
- Attend and represent TAF at conferences, events, and donor coordination meetings, as directed by the Program Specialist Group or the Country Representative.
- Perform other program and administrative tasks as directed by the Program Specialist Group or Country Representative.
The occupant of this position is entitled to a number of benefits including a competitive remuneration and, on top of the compulsory social/health insurance, The Asia Foundation provides personal accident and health insurance for staff and their immediate family members.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter outlining their interest in the position along with a CV to Mr. Filip Graovac at email@example.com or via fax at (24) 3943-3257. Further details of our programs are available at:
Deadline for submission: June 25, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank