THE ASIA FOUNDATION (TAF)
TITLE: Program Officer
UNIT: Vietnam field office
LOCATION: Hanoi, Vietnam
REPORTS TO: Program Specialist Group
CONTRACT: ~ 8 months (July 20, 2020 to March 12, 2021)
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Officer will assist the Representative, Deputy Representative and Program Specialist Group in developing, managing and evaluating projects and programs within The Asia Foundation’s office in Vietnam.
The program officer is a member of Program Support Unit and reports to an assigned Team Leader from the Program Specialist Group.
The program officer will regularly interact with current and prospective grantees, existing and potential donors, consultants and specialists contracted by TAF, and Vietnamese government agencies, international NGOs and local civil society organizations.
- Minimum five years’ experience in program development and management with an international organization or government agency in a field related to Social Development & Gender.
- Ability to develop proposals and manage projects and budgets.
A post-graduate degree in relevant field is preferred. A university degree with significant work experience will be considered.
- Keen understanding of issues related to social development and gender, including financial inclusion, mobility and migration, women’s political and economic empowerment, and urbanization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Strong drafting abilities in both English and Vietnamese.
- Proactive and independent work style essential.
- Willingness and capacity to collaborate with colleagues working in governance, inclusive growth, the environment, and climate change
Under the Program Specialist Group, the Program Officer will provide support for program development and implementation in line with the policies and procedures of TAF worldwide.
Program Development and Administration
- Assist in needs assessments, exploration of program opportunities, and identification of potential grantee organizations.
- Develop programs in consultation with grantee organizations, as directed by assigned Project Team Leaders.
- Draft Letters of Agreement (L/As), Letters of Contract (L/Cs), Terms of Reference, Program Budget and Payment Schedules, and internal narrative reports (TAF-254).
- Observe and monitor program activities, assist grantees with program management and administration, and maintain documentation of grant activities.
- Review grantee reports and critically evaluate program outcomes.
- Help to prepare annual program budget, program highlights, and other reports to TAF’s home office.
- Assist Project Team Leaders with the management of program budgets, including review of online reports (Costpoint).
- Understand and implement requirements placed on TAF by outside donors.
- Review incoming grant proposals, make recommendations to the Program Specialist Group and Representative, and draft response letters.
- Develop program schedules for consultants, TAF visitors, and grantee travel.
- Draft reports to donors.
- Provide translation and interpretation as needed.
- Assist in developing and maintaining good public relations.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Vietnamese organizations and government agencies, and other international NGOs in Vietnam.
- Assist in drafting proposals for donors using established TAF guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and funding agencies.
- Prepare reports for donors as required.
- Attend and represent TAF at conferences, events, and donor coordination meetings, as directed by the Program Specialist Group or the Country Representative.
- Perform other program and administrative tasks as directed by the Program Specialist Group or Country Representative.
The occupant of this position is entitled to a number of benefits including a competitive remuneration and, on top of the compulsory social/health insurance, The Asia Foundation provides personal accident and health insurance for staff and their immediate family members.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter outlining their interest in the position along with a CV to Mr. Filip Graovac at email@example.com or via fax at (24) 3943-3257. Further details of our programs are available at:
Deadline for submission: June 19, 2020
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP