Job Announcement: Program Operations Head
(The vacancy will be closed when filled)
Habitat for Humanity International was founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability, and independence through safe, decent, and affordable shelter.
Habitat for Humanity Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. For 21 years, Habitat Vietnam has been delivering holistic and integrated housing approaches to Vietnamese people, especially vulnerable groups by supporting and empowering communities to take ownership in improving their living conditions and settlements. Habitat Vietnam has served nearly 61,000 families (over 250,000 people) through housing and support services, housing micro-finance managed through local partners, disaster risk reduction, response and post-disaster recovery, climate change adaptation, water and sanitation and volunteer mobilization and engagement and over 250,000 people through integrated capacity building.
- Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live
- Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountability
Habitat for Humanity International in Vietnam is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates'commitment to share Habitat's values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job please send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to email@example.com. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be reviewed and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
||Hanoi or HCMC Office, Vietnam
The Head of Program Operations is responsible for supervising the smooth operations of Habitat for Humanity Vietnam programs. S/he shall ensure (i) programs, projects, and efforts across the three regions are convened, aligned, and consolidated; (ii) alignment of the country program with the Habitat mission as well as Habitat Vietnam strategy; (iii) program quality and effectiveness; (iv) compliance of the country program with applicable Habitat, donor, partner and government policies and requirements; (v) develop and update program policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Under the guidance of the National Director, the Head of Program Operations will contribute to the growth of the country program and effectively identify and develop appropriate strategic and operational goals/objectives and business models for the design and implementation of short and long-range plans that are founded on people-centered, partnership-driven housing ecosystem approach.
1. Mission and strategy alignment
2. Multi-stakeholder partnership development: with government authorities, development peers, private sector, and others
- Develop, implement, ensure quality, monitor country strategy and operational plans, the annual operating plan and budget that meet the commitments to partners and Habitat Vietnam’s strategic business plan and reach significant housing impact in the context of Vietnam
- Review the application of Habitat’s guidance for mission alignment in proposed projects and initiatives
3. Program quality and effectiveness
- Network and maintain effective strategic relationships with the authorities and relevant governing bodies, development organizations and other key actors
- Stay abreast of changes in relevant governmental policies and regulations. Provide analysis of its impact to HFHV’s operations together with solutions.
- Work with governmental partners to advocate for changes in governmental housing policies and programs, and to resolve challenges in program/projects’ operations.
- Review and ensure the relevance, coherence, and likely sustainability and scalability of proposed projects and initiatives.
- Encourage innovation in the design of interventions, partnerships, technology, or way of doing things.
- Ensure lessons learned are incorporated into project variations for improvement and new programs/projects.
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation through regular communication with MEAL and program staff as well as with external stakeholders.
- Develop and drive proactive and continuous quality improvement systems and processes.
- Ensure lessons and program experience are documented, applied, and shared the wider constituency.
5. Growth of country program
- Review and ensure compliance of projects and initiatives to Habitat for Humanity International, donor, partner and government policies and requirements.
- Promote continuous learning of these compliance requirements.
- Work collaboratively with finance lead to ensure projects’ budgetary requisites are met and effectively stewarded.
- Lead the program team’s collaboration with finance, RD&C, PD-MEAL, and HR in the co-creation of fundable projects and initiatives.
- Identify potential partners for Habitat Vietnam
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks. Proactively raise concerns to the National Director as needed.
7. Urban programming
- Lead the program team in adapting the Habitat global or Mekong Hub advocacy campaign to the context of Vietnam.
- Identify targets and partners for Habitat Vietnam’s advocacy or influencing work--individuals, groups, institutions, policies, or areas of potential change.
- Represent Habitat Vietnam in various learning, advocacy, or networking events.
- Guide the design and implementation of more comprehensive urban housing programs.
- Advocate for and demonstrate the transformational impact of housing and its contribution to urban development.
- Develop and lead country strategies, standards, guidelines, tools, and capacity building approaches for Habitat Vietnam’s urban programming.
- Work with Senior Management in the development of strategic partnerships with complementary organizations in addressing housing challenges in the urban sector.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners and experts in the urban sector ensuring that Habitat Vietnam’s urban programs align with sector norms and standards.
|CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Post-graduate degree in social sciences, development, management, or related field.
- At least 7 years of solid professional experience in development or humanitarian programming, program development and grant writing.
- Successful experience in coordinating institutional capacity building and facilitating.
- Highly skilled in strategic and operational planning and program management.
- Demonstrated experience in urban development, advocacy, or policy influence work, and in partnership development.
- Working knowledge of MEAL and program design frameworks and tools (i.e., logical framework, budget creation, reporting)
- Background in construction an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience at senior management level
- Leadership skills: Strategic, critical thinking, and global mindset.
- Proven record of driving for result and innovation
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Sharp complex problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient business communication in both Vietnamese & English
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities, able to work across departments, cultures, and contexts building coordinated action
- Strong computer skills with expertise in MS and Office 365 applications
|AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES:
- Competitive salary and benefits comparing with other foreign NGOs in Vietnam
- Open, collaborative, and enabling working environment
- An upbeat, creative, and enthusiastic workplace
- Experience in people-centered development through housing and human settlements
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự