The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO's goal is to achieve food security for all and ensure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With 195 members - 194 countries and the European Union, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide and has started working in Viet Nam since 1978 with its Representation (Country Office) opened in Ha Noi.
At the country level, the Country Programming Framework (CPF) for Viet Nam has been serving as the basis for FAO’s works in Viet Nam for the period of 2022-2026. Climate Change Response, Disaster Resilience and Environmental Sustainability is one of the four FAO strategic priorities under the CPF. The Country Office (CO), with technical support from RAP GEF team, has successfully mobilized significant resources from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) to address the issues related to transboundary water, climate change, environment, biodiversity and ecosystem restoration in Viet Nam.
FAO Vietnam, in partner with the Department of Water Resouce Management (DWRM), is formulating the GEF-8 project “Enhancing water security, biodiversity and resilience of livelihoods through integrated water resources management and ecosystem restoration in Viet Nam’s Red River basin”, of which the Concept Note has been endorsed by the GEF Secretariat. The FAO Country Office in Viet Nam is seeking for a comtetent Project Officer to provide support throughout the formulation of the project.
- Job Posting: 15/8/2023
- Closure Date: 01/9/2023, 4:59:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FAVIE
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
- Duration: 1 year, with possibility to extend
- Post Number: N/A
- Reporting Lines: The incumbent reports to the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) and is put under the daily supervision of the CC-DRR Programme Officer.
- Assist Programme Officer to develop and keep track of the implementation of OPAs/LoAs/ Service Contracts and ensure appropriate follow-up with service providers to deliver expected results in a timely manner; monitor and coordinate the project activities and ensure compliance with reporting requirements;
- Assist in recruitment of the national consultant team to support the project formulation;
- Coordinate with the government counterpart to prepare for organization of workshops/ meetings and field mission;
- Assist to ensure full compliance of operations with FAO rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establish project management targets and monitor achievement of results;
- Provide operation support including support in drawing up Operating Partner Agreement, Letter of Agreement (LoA) with local partners and service providers, arrangement of travel, logistics for workshops/training, procurement, etc.;
- Monitor financial reports for activities, transactions, ensuring all financial transactions are identified, recorded and verified in compliance with the FAO policies and procedures;
- Liaise and establish good working relationships with related governmental agencies, play an alternative role to represent FAO at project meetings, and provide guidance to operating partners as needed;
- Set up and maintain appropriate hard and soft filing system for records;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in either business administration, economics, climate change, natural resources management, public administration, and other relevant fields;
- 2 years of relevant experience in providing operational support for project management and implementation;
- Working knowledge of English and Vietnamese;
- National of Viet Nam.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Work experience with UN system, FAO in particular, is an advantage
How to Apply
- FAO in Viet Nam is looking for a Programme Analyst for project “Enhancing water security, biodiversity and resilience of livelihoods through integrated water resources management and ecosystem restoration in Viet Nam’s Red River basin”.
- Please visit the FAO recruitment website at the provided link below and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2302450&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FBerlin
- Closing date for receiving applications is 31 Aug 2023.
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi