- Climate and disaster resilience;
- Climate change mitigation: greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and climate nationally determined contributions (NDC);
- Sustainable energy;
- Circular economy, waste, and plastic;
- Natural resources, forestry, and oceans; and
- Environmental protection, persistent organic pollutants and chemicals, and health.
- Build effective partnerships with development partners, especially private sector entities and youth, for inclusive societies, resilience to future shocks, and low-carbon/green growth aligned with the SDG agenda.
- Effectively develop and manage/implement projects in accordance with the UN/UNDP’s established rules, regulations, and practices;
- Provide support to programme coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and advocacy.
- Lead the development and implementation of an action plan for effective partnerships with businesses and the private sector to promote their actions and contributions towards Viet Nam’s climate, energy, and environmental objectives;
- Develop the necessary tools and mechanisms to track businesses’ and private sector entities’ actions, contributions, and progress toward the achievement of their/the Government of Viet Nam’s commitments in the areas of climate, energy, environment, and natural resources;
- Promote and facilitate thematic innovation platforms for micro, small, and medium-size enterprises (MSMEs) to access information on effective climate-smart technologies, finance market niches, green products, and value chains to develop and expand their green and climate-resilient businesses;
- Promote innovative finance and climate finance to support scalable climate-resilient and/or green growth potential;
- Identify opportunities for testing and scaling up best practices and proven ideas/solutions; deploy/scale up tested models and solutions that contribute to equitable and inclusive societies, resilience to future shocks, and green growth, aligned with the SDG agenda;
- Contribute to the development of government policies/regulations that will support the acceleration of actions across nature, climate, and energy, realizing Viet Nam’s ambition of its Nationally Determined Contributions to the Paris Agreement and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Proper and effective planning, organization, management, implementation, and M&E to ensure timely achievement of quality results;
- Effective application of results-based management (RBM) tools in management; establishment of management targets and monitoring of the achievement of results, including establishment of performance indicators/success criteria and regular updates on baselines, targets, and milestones in the Project’s results and resources frameworks;
- Coordination of inputs from participating partners and advisory services to the project management unit (PMU) for timely preparation and approval of the project work plans;
- Analysis of the project situation: financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation, identification of operational and financial problems, and development of solutions, in full compliance with Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer (HACT) guidelines;
- Participation in the recruitment and procurement processes and coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercise, mid-term reviews, and closure of the Project;
- Exercise risk management, including timely implementation of mitigation measures and updates to the risk log and integrated work plan (IWP) in the Atlas system;
- Participation in and facilitation of project audits, spot-checks, and follow-up on recommendations, with exceptions reported to the supervisor in a timely manner;
- Preparation of regular aggregate reports on activities, outputs, and outcomes, including technical progress, to UNDP and donors as required;
- Quality documentation of the Project’s lessons learnt and best practices; quality publication of technical reports, policy briefs, and results;
- Ensuring synergies and coherence between the Project and other interventions by UNDP Viet Nam;
- Regular briefings and timely reports to the supervisor on any exceptions to facilitate timely action and informed decisions.
- Identify opportunities for enhanced programme synergies and coordination; assist the Team Leader in implementing actions to ensure synergies and coordination among projects and interventions;
- Promote documentation of best practices and proven solutions/tested ideas for evidence-based advocacy and programme development;
- Support the Team Leader on preparation of briefings, advocacy messages, and speeches for policy dialogues and high-level events;
- Support the Team Leader in formulating, facilitating, coordinating, and guiding flagship policy analysis, research, and publications;
- Act as the focal point of the CEE Team for relevant UN Result Groups/Working Groups; this will include active participation and contribution to the UN/UNDP’s regular reports on outputs and outcomes, as well as outcome evaluations, under the framework of the UN Framework for Sustainable Development in Viet Nam;
|Innovation Ability to make new and useful ideas work||Level 5: Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them|
|Leadership Ability to persuade others to follow||Level 6: Ensures teams are resourced for success and empowered to deliver|
|People Management Ability to improve performance and satisfaction||Level 6: Guides substantive specialists / teams and expands credibility and innovation capacity|
|Communication Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform||Level 6: Creates confidence among stakeholders by delivering authoritative positions, compelling analysis, and contextual acumen|
|Delivery Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement||Level 7: Sets strategic goals and builds the means to achieve optimal service delivery and organizational excellence|
|Results-Based Programme Development and Management Competency Definition||Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise|
|Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda Competency Definition||Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise|
|Building Strategic Partnerships Competency Definition||Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise|
|Innovation and Marketing New Approaches Competency Definition||Level 5: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise|
|Resource Mobilization Competency Definition||Level 5: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise|
|Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing Competency Definition||Level 5: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise|
|Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise Competency Definition||Level 7: Navigate & Guide: Charts a course for a systems approach to continuous learning, adaptation, and excellence, creating institutional imperatives to realize progress within across the relevant profession|
|Client Orientation Competency Definition|
- Master’s degree in Environment, Natural Resources, Economics, Business Administration, or related fields.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively relevant professional experience in programme development and management, building partnerships, and advocacy;
- Hands-on experience in planning, management, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Extensive knowledge of natural resources, environment, climate, energy, agriculture, and related subjects;
- Proven networking skills, ability to interact with senior officials, and work in a team;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of gender equality and civil society participation are advantageous.
- Full fluency in English and Vietnamese.
- Excellent knowledge of office IT equipment and social media applications.
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam