UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women also leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action.
In Viet Nam, UN Women contributes to the development objectives of Viet Nam’s Socio-Economic Development Plan and the National Strategy for Gender Equality. Its Country Strategy Note for 2016-2021 is aligned to the upcoming One Strategic Plan 2016-2021 and is focus on supporting Viet Nam’s fulfilment of Gender Equality commitments under CEDAW, and the promise of the 2030 Development Agenda to “leave no one behind”.
The key priorities of UN Women in the 2016-2021 period are, (i) to support transformation of government’s growth policies and related key sectoral policies such as rural development, labour and employment, Climate Change (CC), and disaster risk reduction and management (DRR/M) to progressively promote women’s economic security and resilience; (ii) deepen the implementation of CEDAW recommendations and the gender targets of SDGs that will ensure that gains in the elimination of discrimination and violence against women and girls are sustained and deepened.
The overarching goal for the first priority area is that “Women are economically empowered and resilient to economic shifts, disasters and climate change”. UN Women will support efforts both by government and civil society to strengthen legislation and policies related to promoting and protecting women’s livelihoods and economic opportunities, including in the context of DRR/M and CC, so that they are gender responsive and in accordance with international normative frameworks and human rights standards. UN Women will also support key institutions provide effective services that support women’s economic empowerment and resilience building, including in reducing women’s vulnerabilities to economic shocks, disasters, and the effects of climate change. UN Women will also support efforts to promote private sector engagement through the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), as part of its WEE strategy.
Within the WEE portfolio, the project “Strengthening women’s livelihoods and participation for greater resilience to disasters and climate change in Viet Nam” (2018-2021), from here on “the climate-resilient livelihoods project”, aims to strengthen women’s livelihoods and participation for greater resilience to disaster and climate change in Viet Nam with focus on building both institutional capacity of Viet Nam Women’s Union as women’s agency and voices, and the individual capacity for local women in disaster prone areas to strengthen their resilience to climate change. At the policy level, it will work with Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to mainstreaming gender into the policy making process as well as enhancing capacity on gender responsiveness of MARD’s staff , to ensure that agriculture and rural development and disaster risk reduction policy is gender responsive and promotes women’s empowerment. At the local level, the intervention will help to generate evidence and good practices on alternative livelihood models for women, which will then feed into policy recommendations. It will also invest in communications to change community norms and attitudes toward gender equality and women’s roles in disaster risk reduction and agriculture and rural development.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Country Representative of UN Women Vietnam office, the Programme Analyst is responsible for managing the project on climate-resilient livelihoods. Among other, the Programme Analyst will: provide substantive technical support and management to the implementation of the climate-resilient livelihoods project; contribute technically to the development of programme strategies and project proposals in the area of WEE in the climate change context for the Vietnam Country Office; contribute to building strategic partnerships and resource mobilization strategies; contribute to inter-agency coordination on WEE; and provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts on WEE.
The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration the WeEmpower Asia Programme Manager on WEE coordination and synergy-building, and with the operations team and other programme staff in the Country Office. She/he also liaises with programme staff in other UN Agencies, and in the Regional Office and UN Women HQ as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the project annual workplan and budget.
- Lead the implementation of programme activities.
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Coordinate and provide technical support and policy advice in relation to the implementation of the climate-resilient livehoods programme activities.
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the WEE programmes as well as capacity development on gender responsiveness of relevant government partners.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools.
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results, outputs and outcomes.
- Lead preparation of donor and UN Women reports for her/his portfolio.
- Provide support to monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions as necessary.
- Provide support to substantive inputs to financial reports.
- Actively participate in the discussion and development of the WEE strategy of the office, especially in the areas of climate-resilient livelihoods, gender and rural/agricultural development, and MSMEs).
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/project proposals and initiatives on WEE and climate change.
- Identify new and strategic areas for support and intervention related to WEE programmes.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies and proposals.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles.
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society based on strategic goals of UN Women and country needs.
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Provide substantive technical support to the Country Representative and Programme Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs on WEE.
- Participate in inter-agency coordination groups related to WEE to promote partnerships and coordination.
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to WEE in the context of climate change.
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Develop and manage WEE related research to provide evidence-based policy recommendations and provide inputs for proposals, communications materials.
- Coordinate knowledge management and development of knowledge and communication products on WEE.
- Act as resource person/speaker on the subject of WEE and climate-resilient livelihoods and rural development in the context of climate change in external events, when assigned.
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules
- Timely monitoring and tracking of finances
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders
- Timely organization of events
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products
Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Respect for Diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
Good knowledge of Results Based Management
Ability to provide sound policy advice and support to partners
Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
Good knowledge of WEE, Climate Change, and DDR
Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Good organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Experience working on women’s economic empowerment (WEE), and/or on gender equality in the context of Climate Change Adaptation (CCA), and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
27/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
24/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
13/02/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
25/01/2021Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
01/01/1970Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
03/02/2021European Representative Office (ERO)
31/01/2021Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC)
18/01/2021Humanity and Inclusion