UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance and direction of the supervisor, the Programme Specialist exercises overall responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions under her/his portfolio, which covers UN Women’s programming in The Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Jamaica and Turks and Caicos on ending violence against women and girls, supporting implementation of the CEDAW, and overall support to gender-responsive planning, monitoring and budgeting within the sectors covered by her/his portfolio. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
The post has an impact on the overall effectiveness and success of UN Women interventions and activities in the assigned sectorial/thematic areas, which impact in turn on the overall effectiveness of the UN Women programme in the CO/MCO. By helping ensure effective design, planning, implementation, and M&E of assigned sectorial/thematic areas, and building networks and helping mobilize resources for these areas, the incumbent enhances the organization’s capacity and credibility in implementation of highly effective programmes with strong impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of top quality advisory and programme development services
- Management of the MCO programme and supervision of the Programme team
- Partnership development and Inter-agency Coordination Support
- Strategic partnerships and resource mobilization Support
- Advocacy support and Knowledge building and management
Provision of top quality advisory and programme development services
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country related to the thematic/sectorial areas assigned and preparation of substantive inputs to the UN Women MCO programme planning in those areas.
- Constant monitoring and analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustment of programme interventions
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectorial areas assigned.
- Design and formulation of programme initiatives within the area of responsibility, translating UN Women’s priorities into local interventions.
- Provision of programme advisory support to the Office Management within the thematic area/portfolio assigned.
Coordination of UN Women Programmes and in Jamaica, The Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda and Turks and Caicos.
- Under the guidance and oversight of the Representative, exercise overall responsibility for planning, implementation, management, and coordination aspects of the programmes/projects under her/his responsibility.
- Ensure effective application of RBM tools and monitoring achievement of results.
- Manage the portfolio of on-going programmes/projects through technical monitoring and administrative and financial supervision ensuring the proper application of a monitoring system to track progress on program results and indicators.
- Lead programmes/projects appraisal and evaluation according to results-based management requirements
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of programme staff, projects staff, experts and consultants working as part of the technical assistance team.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and quality control of all substantive technical reports, briefs and required documents.
- Ensure timely production and submission of all partial and/or progress reports by all members of the project team, contractors and project partners.
- Conduct field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities of portfolio.
- Identify, advise and support partnership development in the programmatic areas under her/his portfolio, including resource mobilization for programmatic work;
Partnership development and Inter-Agency Coordination Support
- Provide substantive support to the UN Women Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities.
- Take part in UN System planning and programming processes in the Caribbean, ensuring that gender equality, non-discrimination and human rights concerns are clearly reflected and mainstreamed in process.
- Prepare substantive inputs to UN System planning, programming, and advocacy processes in the Region thoroughly analyzing and researching the political, social and economic situation in the region.
- Prepare analytical and regular progress reports on UN Women´s program experiences in support of UN Women’s inter-agency coordination role.
Strategic partnerships building and resource mobilization Support
- Implement the Office partnerships and resources mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes within the areas assigned.
- Create and coordinate partnerships with the relevant UN Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society etc.
- Determine programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, needs in the Caribbean region and priorities of development partners at the national and regional level.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost-sharing.
- Follow up on resource on mobilization activities for fund raising for new projects in coordination with the UN Women Representative.
Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Support the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to international networks related to the sectorial/thematic areas assigned.
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners.
- Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals in the sectoral/thematic areas assigned.
- Proactively contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Gender, Human Rights, Applied Anthropology, or in other related Social Sciences
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience at the national or international level working with development projects providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments, preferably in the field of gender and human rights of women.
- Gender and Development experience in the areas of ending violence against women and girls is required; and CEDAW implementation considered a strong asset.
- Prior experience in the UN System and the Region will be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN working knowledge is an asset.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS