Newborns Vietnam is a UK registered (registration number 1144562), charity licensed to operate as an NGO in Vietnam, our mission is to end preventable newborn deaths.
The COVID pandemic has changed the way we work, our UK training continues on line. At a local level, we are improving facilities for mothers and babies at many lower level hospitals, central to this is the provision of lifesaving equipment, training in how to use + hands and online teaching for hundreds of nurses, doctors and midwives.
We urgently need an experienced Programme assistant who has an excellent administration skill with a “can do” attitude, you need to be flexible, self-motivated and enthusiastic, systematic and careful, detail matters when lives are at stake.
The Newborns staff team are inspirational to work with, what we do every day, makes a difference to thousands of families.
We are open to a short-term consultancy or a full-time position, for more information email: email@example.com
· Based in Newborns Vietnam office in Hanoi, at Neonatal Center, Vietnam National Children’s Hospital. Possible travel upon the work requirement.
· Short-term consultancy or full time considered.
· Normal working hours from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and 01:00 pm to 05:30 pm (Monday to Friday)
· Post holder reports to the Programme Director.
· Latest application date: August 16th, 2021. Applications must be presented in English.
- Manage the administration of equipment donations to District, General and Provincial Hospitals to include:
o Collect and compare quotations, check contracts with suppliers, negotiate beneficial terms, obtain internal approval for contract.
o Liaise with suppliers to comply all the documents required by local or national authority, carefully checking and preparing compiled documents for submission.
o Liaise closely with local hospital team to confirm the correct submission, follow up regularly until approval is granted.
o Working with the local relevant authority, for example local Department of Health, Department of Planning and Investment, People Committee, to make any further submissions required.
o Keep the receiving hospitals up to date with progress.
- On receipt of the approval to donate ensure that receiving hospitals are notified and have the relevant approval paperwork.
- Arrange handover of equipment with supplier, preparation of minutes of handover, liquidation …
- Arrange training in the use of the equipment, and additional training from higher level hospitals for resuscitation at birth, care immediately after birth and common newborn problems.
- Organise with Programme Director a handover event at the receiving hospitals, including transport, photos, etc.
- File systematically paperwork for all equipment donations.
- Follow training to undertake data entry to our various data bases to validate our outcomes for example: reduction in mortality, etc.
- Support the Executive Director and Programme Director to provide sponsors/supporters with regular progress updates and highlight events.
- Troubleshoot daily operational and administrative problems and issues.
- Perform other tasks as allocated by the Programme Director for example translation of documents and presentation.
- Over 2 years-experience in an administrative position or a job where admin was a key element
- Good English speaking and written skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be confident and able to successfully interact with a wide range of people, doctors, suppliers, parents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) suite,
- Must understand diplomacy, be honest, patient, hard-working, enthusiastic and a good team player,
- 14 annual and sick leave days per year.
- Private Health Insurance for official one-year contract staff.
- 13th month salary for one-year service at the end of every calendar year.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross