Full Time post, based in Hanoi
We are Newborns Vietnam (NBV), a small but well-established UK registered charity and we are licensed to operate as an NGO in Vietnam.
Our mission is to ‘save newborn lives’ by reducing neonatal mortality (newborn deaths in the first 28 days of life) and promoting the health of newborn infants and their mothers.
As an organisation we have a single-minded vision, and we act on it every day with commitment and passion. We support each other and work as one determined and ambitious team to end preventable newborn deaths in Vietnam.
- One focus. We keep our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and it’s essential that everyone at Newborns Vietnam has a beneficiary-oriented mindset.
- Always looking to improve. We continuously look for ways to do things better, both internally and for our beneficiaries.
- Ambitious. We’re committed to achieving more on behalf of the parents of newborns born sick and we each have part to play.
- Step up. We believe in doing what we say we do. We always rise to the occasion.
We are looking for an experienced Programme Assistant who has an excellent administration skill with a “can do” attitude, you need to be flexible, self-motivated and enthusiastic, systematic and careful, detail matters when lives are at stake.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small but highly motivated team, we want you to build our capacity to communicate widely our important message, develop and maintain relations and partnerships with new and existing individual and corporate funding partners.
You must be looking for more than just a new job – we want a person who wants their work to make a difference.
You must be able to work hard, be self-motivated, be a good team player, and want to learn and grow
I. Job description
- Manage the administration of the medical and nursing programmes, booking flights, maintaining flight record, and receipts/boarding passes
- Manage the accommodation schedule, arrange the daily travel to the hospital(s), airport pick up
- Manage the visa application process in conjunction with the Programme Director and our partner public hospital international officers.
- Send out welcome pack to the UK teaching team, (includes detailed information on what to bring/insurance)
- Prepare daily schedule for all teachers and information pack. Ensure that all incoming teaching team leaders have a local phone and manage pre-payment
- Manage the Executive Director’s, Programme Director’s diary to ensure that either the Executive Director, Programme Director is available to provide support to the UK Neonatal Consultants/Advanced Nurse Practitioners/ ENU University lecturers (the teaching team)
- Troubleshoot daily operational and administrative problems and issues
- Support the UK teaching team for social activities/booking tours/trips
- Book restaurants and taxis for the teaching and Newborns team.
- Work closely with the Newborns partnering hospitals in logistic arrangement for the visiting doctors and nurses from UK including meal, transportation
Manage the administration of equipment donations to District, General and Provincial Hospitals to include:
- Collect and compare quotations, check contracts with suppliers, negotiate beneficial terms, obtain internal approval for contract.
- Liaise with suppliers to comply all the documents required by local or national authority, carefully checking and preparing compiled documents for submission.
- Liaise closely with local hospital team to confirm the correct submission, follow up regularly until approval is granted.
- Working with the local relevant authority, for example local Department of Health, Department of Planning and Investment, People Committee, to make any further submissions required.
- Keep the receiving hospitals up to date with progress.
- On receipt of the approval to donate ensure that receiving hospitals are notified and have the relevant approval paperwork.
- Arrange handover of equipment with supplier, preparation of minutes of handover, liquidation …
- Arrange training in the use of the equipment, and additional training from higher level hospitals for resuscitation at birth, care immediately after birth and common newborn problems.
- Organise with Programme Director a handover event at the receiving hospitals, including transport, photos, etc.
- Maintain record of flights, daily transport and accommodation costs and in conjunction with finance staff allocate cost to specific programmes.
- Work in conjunction with the finance staff to check monthly airport and daily transport costs and verify cost to the used vouchers and confirm for payment.
- File systematically, all programme correspondence, reports, board minutes and other documents to enable easy retrieval and reference
- Check receipt of all documents from the teaching team that are required for nursing and medical teaching in Vietnam, keep accurate record.
- Perform other tasks as allocated by the Programme Director.
- Support the Programme Executive with translation of documents/presentations
Fundraising and Sports Events
- Assist with planning events and carrying out tasks setting up and helping with the Newborns stand.
II. Person Specification:
- Over 2 years-experience in an administrative position or a job where admin was a key element
- Good English speaking and written skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be confident and able to successfully interact with a wide range of people, doctors, suppliers, parents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) suite,
- Must understand diplomacy, be honest, patient, hard-working, enthusiastic and a good team player.
- Submit CV in English and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email subject: Your name – applied position
- Closing date for application: 13/04/2022
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT