The Governments of Denmark and Vietnam have a long-term cooperation history in energy sector. Starting with the Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Programme during period 2009-2015, Denmark Government supported the implementation of the Vietnam Energy Efficiency and Conservation Programme (VNEEP). In 2013, in support of the dialogue on low carbon transition, the Government of Denmark funded the “Low Carbon Transition in energy efficiency” project (LCEE) in Vietnam for the period from 2013-2017. In 2017, the two Governments agreed on a Danish Energy Partnership Programme 2017-2020 (DEPP II) to continue fruitful cooperation in the energy sector. In 2020 the two countries started a new phase of cooperation through the Danish Energy Partnership Programme 2020-2025 (DEPP III), which builds on the progress achieved and the lessons learned from DEPP II.
The DEPP III is implemented through an integrated government-to-government cooperation approach, designed to provide mainly technical assistance in a peer-to-peer manner. The programme addresses three development engagements (DEs): DE1- Capacity Development for long-range energy sector planning including offshore wind; DE2 - Capacity Development for Renewable Energy Integration into the Power System and DE3 - Low carbon development in the industrial sector.
The objective of this assignment is to provide administrative, communication and facilitation assistance in implementing the DEPP III programme, with a focus on DE3 activities.
3. Scope of work
The tasks to be performed by the consultant are:
- Support MOIT, EDK and DEA with daily administrative works to ensure smooth implementation of activities of DE3 under DEPP III, including preparation and filing in of letters and documents.
- Provide support to LTAs, DEA staff and international consultants with visa applications and extension procedures according to the Vietnamese regulations, interpretation during missions, at meetings and facilitate their communication with relevant stakeholders as needed.
- Assist in preparing and organizing workshops, events, meetings, missions, study tours and training courses under DE3 in close coordination with related stakeholders, international consultants, local consultants, and event organizers.
- Assist in communication and dissemination activities of DEPP III with a focus on DE3, including working closely with media agencies to ensure quality, accuracy and appropriateness of contents of publications/articles related to DEPP III before publishing on DEPP III website and other relevant media channels.
- Provide administrative and communication support to ensure effective operation of the Center of Excellence for Energy Efficiency and its activities.
- Translate documents from Vietnamese to English and vice versa as requested by MOIT, EDK or DEA.
- Provide other support and services in daily working as requested by EESD and other focal point agencies under DEPP3.
4. Expected outputs
- Good timing and effective support of the listed tasks.
- Translation and interpretation of high quality.
- Effective team work with MOIT, EDK, DEA, LTAs and the local project team members.
5. Method of working
The consultant will work at MOIT, refer and report to the Deputy Director General of the Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Department and to the Senior Programme Manager at the Embassy of Denmark and to the Country Manager of the Danish Energy Agency. S/he will be in a team with the LTAs, local consultants and MOIT staff who work with DEPP III.
The contract duration will be 4 months with possible extension.
- Payment will be made on quarterly basis.
- Travel expenditures will be reimbursed based on actual cost and upon delivering of receipts, providing the prior written approval of the travel plan by EDK programme manager and within the regulation of the “UN-EU guidelines for financing of local costs in development cooperation with Vietnam”.
8. The required qualification and experience
- A university degree in one of the following majors: Business administration, foreign (English) language study, public administration, international development, communication and/or relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar settings.
9. Responsive to inquiries
- A high level of proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven organization and administrative skills, excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently with result-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work as part of an international and interdisciplinary team with relations to different ministries and stakeholders with complex problems in diverse institutions and cultural settings.
- Understanding and work experience of ODA projects regulation and management is preferred.
- Working experience and good networking with the MOIT, Danish Energy Agency and Embassy of Denmark is an advantage.
Work location: based in DEPP III’s office at the Ministry of Industry and Trade in Hanoi with possible domestic travel
Deadline for application: May 20, 2022
Type of contract: 4 month full-time contract with possible extension
Link to job description here https://bit.ly/3KL1Krn
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
31/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam