Vacancy no.: DC/HANOI/GS/2020/10
Publication date: 22 September 2020
Application deadline (midnight local time): 04 October 2020
Job ID: 4467
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: CO-Hanoi
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: One-year (expected starting date: 1st December 2020)
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
This position is located in the Social Protection cluster of the ILO Hanoi Country Office (CO). This work unit supports the government of Viet Nam in the development and implementation of social protection legislation, policies and programs. Social protection is an essential aspect of inclusive development and social justice. It enhances human capital and productivity, and is critical for transformative national development. Social protection contributes to reducing poverty, exclusion and inequality while enhancing political stability and social cohesion. It can help people participate in a changing economic and social environment, and contributes to improved human capital and greater productive activity. Social protection has shown itself to be a powerful tool in the prevention and mitigation of economic crises, natural disasters and conflicts. Through supporting household income, it encourages domestic consumption and therefore contributes to economic growth. The overall goal of the social protection cluster in ILO Viet Nam CO is to support the government develop and implement comprehensive, well-designed and well-coordinated social protection systems to ensure social protection is extended and delivered to larger targeted population (men and women), promote income protection, sustainable livelihoods and enhance productivity of the poor and vulnerable across the life-cycle.
As a team member, the incumbent provides programming, administrative and finance supports and is responsible for performing a range of programming and administrative actions related to the operations of the various social protection projects under the cluster.
The position works under the supervision of the National Programme Officer of the projects while working closely with the Administrative and Finance Assistant. S/he will also work in close collaboration with other staff members in the Programme Unit, Country Office and its partners. The incumbent will also be required to maintain a close working relationship with the ILO Regional Office for Asia and ILO Headquarters
Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery, ensuring that agreed results are achieved and that work is coordinated and integrated with related services within processing timelines. Work assignments are generally carried out under minimum supervision with the incumbent operating with a high degree of independence. Work is reviewed for feasibility of recommendations and correctness of end results. Work involving the handling of complex and intricate programme-related and finance-related matters including those affecting other related activities of the work unit is also reviewed.
 ILO, 2011: Social Protection Floor for a Fair and Inclusive Globalization, ILO, Geneva.
The position works under the supervision of the National Programme Officer of the projects.
- Organize data and information, and prepare and maintain records, documents and control systems for the monitoring and evaluation of social protection project and programme implementation. Review plans of operations and other programme/project related documents and take appropriate follow up action.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections. Participate in project activities and needs identification and prioritization, and assist with technical cooperation project design and work-plan development.
- Provide programming support to activities undertaken by the implementing partners and prepare briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on status of project activities, to contribute to the preparation of technical and progress reports.
- Prepare background information and TOR for use in social protection programmes and project;
- Prepare communication activities for the SP projects and work closely with the Communication team of the ILO CO Hanoi
- Provide informal translations and may act as interpreter in technical meetings related to the disability issues for all project meetings. Participate and take note in the technical meeting, briefing of project and other programme related activities.
The incumbents will collaborate with the cluster’s Admin and Finance Assistant to perform the following duties:
- In coordination with relevant programme and project in the office and in liaison with team members, perform substantive and administrative support for the successful delivery of the programme and project activities. This includes processing entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of records and files.
- Oversee project managerial and administrative support services. Advise and assist programme and social protection project staff with interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures. Make travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel.
- Maintain, contact and perform liaison duties with concerned technical units at Headquarters, ministries, government offices, social partners’ organizations and UN agencies.
- Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or other related tasks including those of a confidential nature. Prepare periodic administrative statistics, reports and correspondence.
- Brief and assist international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of administration related matters such as visa, licenses, security internal coordination, documentation and communication structures, including key managerial practices and standards. Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Prepare background information, detailed cost estimates, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for use in programme/project and budget preparations. Participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Carry out all operations required for expenditures under technical cooperation funding, ensuring the most rational use of the funds. This includes making calculations, requesting funds, checking supporting justifying documents and making payments.
- Monitor accounts regarding allocations and expenditures and make adjustments to optimize utilization of the funds. Draft and clear administrative correspondence relative to budgetary matters to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information.
- Carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project and programme activities.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Social Protection Programme Officer and the Director of the Country Office from time to time.
Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
At least six years of progressively responsible administrative and secretarial experience. At least two years in programme and/or communication support activities proven experience of implementing technical cooperation projects and working effectively with government bodies in charge of policy making and with development partners would be an asset. Proficiency with the IRIS system is highly appreciated.
Excellent command of both English and Vietnamese.
- Knowledge of programme and budget and through understanding of wide range of administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with word processing, spreadsheet, web-browser, as well as other computer software packages required for work.
- Thorough knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence.
In addition to the ILO core competencies (integrity and transparency, sensitivity to diversity, orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, client orientation, communication, orientation to change, taking responsibility for performance, quality orientation, and collaboration), this position requires:
- Ability to interpret and work within the applicable financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing and ability to communicate with people in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner
- Ability to organize own work and to work independently as well as work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadline.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
12/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS