UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
In Viet Nam, UN Women contributes to the development objectives of Viet Nam’s Socio-Economic Development Plan and the National Strategy for Gender Equality. Its Country Strategy Note for 2016-2021 is aligned to the upcoming One Strategic Plan 2016-2021 and is focus on supporting Viet Nam’s fulfilment of Gender Equality commitments under CEDAW, and the promise of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda to “leave no one behind”.
The key priorities of UN Women in the 2017-2021 period are, (i) to support transformation of government’s growth policies and related key sectoral policies such as rural development, labour and employment, Climate Change (CC), and disaster risk reduction and management (DRR/M) to progressively promote women’s economic security and resilience; (ii) deepen the implementation of CEDAW recommendations and the gender targets of SDGs that will ensure that gains in the elimination of discrimination and violence against women and girls are sustained and deepened.
The Programme Assistant will work closely with programme staff to provide admin and financial management support to the Programme Analyst on EVAW for the implementation of programme activities under the UN Women AWP on EVAW. The Programme Assistant will provide support and assistance to the programme team to ensure effective programme implementation in line with UN Women rules and regulations.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Analyst on EVAW, the Programme Assistant supports the project operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Programme Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme staff and the operations team of Viet Nam Country Office and UN Women Regional Office for the Asia and Pacific.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Programme Management Support
- Financial Management Support
- Administrative Support
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Programme Management Support
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Help the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
2. Financial Management Support
- Use Atlas to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of the project.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for receipt of goods and services, including making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Support the programme team in the financial management of the project.
- Organize, compile and process information from the donor as well as from the programme team and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing.
- Support the programme team in the tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources.
3. Administrative Support to the Programme Unit
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the programme team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information and ensure up-to- date filing.
- Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt, and best practices related to programme management and finance.
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Integrity: Demonstrates consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrates an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrates and safeguards ethics and integrity.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Development and Innovation: Takes charge of self-development and takes initiative.
- Work in teams: Demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitates and encourages open communication and strives for effective communication.
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stays composed and positive even in difficult moments and handles tense situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Conflict Management: Addresses conflicts proactively, striving for mutually acceptable solutions.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrates informed and transparent decision making.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the programme team, including logistical support.
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Ability to organize the workload meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client’s perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Completion of secondary education is required. University degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or related field is an asset.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative and/or programmatic tasks.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages. Experience in working with ATLAS is an advantage.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage.
- Work experience within the UN system is an asset.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and the official national language is required.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
Agency to Provide Support in Developing a Risk Communication Course, Testing and Evaluating the CourseWHO
31/07/2020Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI)
07/08/2020Save the Children
26/07/2020Trung tâm Phát triển Sáng tạo Xanh ( GreenID)