Programme Associate - Environment and Natural Resources, Hanoi, Viet Nam
Location, Country: Hanoi (VNM)
Language skills: English, French
Expected Starting Date: 11 October 2021
Duration: 12 months with possiblity of extension
Application deadline: 05 July 2021
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) and direct supervision by the Programme Officer for Climate Change & Disaster Risk Reduction, the Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Contributing to the formulation, implementation and closure of relevant FAO programmes/projects in the areas of environment protection, ecosystems preservation, bio-diversity conservation, and natural resources management (including water, aquatic, land, and forest), and climate change mitigation/adaptation
- Facilitating the networking and communication with Governmental and non-governmental entities, development partners (DPs), UN Agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Assisting to trigger interest in and support for project and programme proposals from bilateral and multilateral DPs, and through other alternative funding mechanisms.
- Acting as Secretariat for relevant working groups or task-forces in which FAO has the lead role;
- Contributing to FAO's technical and M&E reports/ studies if required; and,
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Environment, natural resources management, bio-diversity or related field
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in environment, natural resources management, and/or bio-diversity conservation
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise
Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details
Learning and development are a central part of the UN Youth Volunteer's assignment and take place before, during and after his or her assignment in the field. Ideally, offering diverse opportunities for learning and development aim to strengthen the volunteer's skills and competences, improve the quality of the assignment and keep the volunteer's motivation high.
Learning elements for the UN Youth Volunteer include the development of:
- Professional skills: including specific competencies and reflection on assignment-related abilities; and on-the-job skills such as time management, problem solving, team building; and career preparedness such as interview skills, CV preparation, job searching.
- Inter-personal skills: including communication and listening skills; multi-cultural awareness and cultural competency; and conflict and stress management.
- Volunteering-related skills: including leadership; civic responsibility; and engagement and active participation.
Beyond the learning opportunities provided by UNV, the host agency will support knowledge and capacity development in the technical areas that are relevant to the UN Youth Volunteer's assignment. The host agency will provide, at its expense, UN Youth Volunteers with equal opportunity to participate in training courses and workshops offered to its personnel.
Competencies values: Building Trust, Communication, Creativity, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsAPPLY HERE
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia