Job Identification: 10643
Posting Date: 05/19/2023, 01:18 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Viet Nam, UN Women contributes to the development objectives of Viet Nam’s Socio-Economic Development Plan and the National Strategy for Gender Equality. Its Country Strategy Note for 2022-2026 is aligned to the upcoming UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2022-2026 and is focused on supporting Viet Nam’s fulfilment of Gender Equality commitments under The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), and the promise of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda to “leave no one behind”. The key priorities of UN Women in the 2022-2026 period are,
- By 2026, people in Viet Nam, especially those at risk of being left behind, will benefit from and contribute to safer and cleaner environment resulting from Viet Nam’s effective and gender responsive mitigation and adaptation to climate change, disaster risk reduction and resilience building, promotion of circular economy, the provision of clean and renewable energy, and the sustainable management of natural resources.
- By 2026, people in Viet Nam, especially those at risk of being left behind, will contribute to and benefit equitably from more sustainable, inclusive and gender-responsive economic transformation based on innovation, entrepreneurship, enhanced productivity, competitiveness, and decent work.
- By 2026, people in Viet Nam, especially those at risk of being left behind, will have benefited from and have contributed to a more just, safe and inclusive society based on improved governance, more responsive institutions, strengthened rule of law and the protection of and respect for human rights, gender equality, and freedom from all forms of violence and discrimination in line with international standards.
The Programme Women, Peace and Security (WPS)
The UN-ASEAN WPS Programme, titled "Empowering Women for Sustainable Peace: Preventing Violence and Promoting Social Cohesion in ASEAN," is the first of its kind in the region, funded by the Government of Canada, the Government of Korea, and the Government of the United Kingdom and Ireland. The programme aims to advance the implementation of the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) Agenda for four ASEAN member states: Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines. The programme has four outcomes, with three focused on the regional level and one at the country level. It aims to support ASEAN in creating a Regional Action Plan on WPS (WPS RAP) and becoming a knowledge hub on WPS, leading the advancement of the WPS agenda in Southeast Asia to promote a cohesive, peaceful, and secure region.
In Vietnam, the ASEAN WPS programme provides technical assistance to develop a National Action Plan (NAP) on Women, Peace and Security (WPS). It aims to build capacity and knowledge on WPS across relevant government agencies and society to further advance the implementation of the WPS Agenda, mainstream it into the relevant normative frameworks, and raise awareness among the public on the WPS Agenda, non-traditional security issues, and the application of the WPS lens (prevention, protection, participation, relief, and recovery) in WPS-related policies, programs, and activities.
The Programme on Cybersecurity (2022-2024) is funded by the Governments of Australia (under the Cyber and Critical Tech Cooperation Program) and the Republic of Korea. The project has a regional focus on Southeast Asia but supports national-level activities in Viet Nam, Thailand and the Philippines. Through the programme, UN Women is contributing to widening the knowledge base on women’s digital engagement and gender provisions in cybersecurity policy, while building the capacities of civil society and academia to strengthen their knowledge and advocacy skills with regards to gender-responsive cybersecurity, further broadening the understanding of the gendered impacts of advancements in digital technologies, such as artificial intelligence, gender recognition and algorithmic decision-making, while supporting digital rights organisations and women civil society to come together to strengthen women’s digital security. The project is firmly situated within the WPS agenda as outlined in the UNSCR 1325 and subsequent resolutions. It uses the four pillars of the WPS agenda – participation, protection, prevention, and peacebuilding - to understand and address matters related to women’s engagement in the digital world, to advocate for the increased participation of women in digital decision-making, and to inform policy makers of gender-inclusive cyber frameworks that respond to the unique security needs and priorities of women and girls in cyberspace.Reporting to the Viet Nam Programme Manager (PM) on Women, Peace, Security (WPS) and Cybersecurity, the Programme Associate works with and provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. Other PA related tasks maybe assigned in support of the Country Office, in coordination with the direct supervisor, i.e., the PM on WPS and Cybersecurity. S/he contributes to the overall financial management and reporting, and is in charge of the necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support to the above-mentioned programmes (WPS and Cybersecurity). The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and programmes’ staff in the CO as required for resolving complex finance/administrative-related issues, monitor and exchange of related information and reporting.
The PA may be required to work in support to other Programmes, under the requirement of the Country Representative, and the agreement of the Programme Manager on WPS and Cybersecurity.
Statements:In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
Diversity and inclusion:
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
Functions:Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of the ASEAN WPS and Cybersecurity programmes' work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the CO website;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Create projects in Quantum, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Quantum for development projects; register good receipts in Quantum.
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Teams, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
1. Core Values:
- Respect for Diversity.
2. Core Competencies:
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
3. Functional Competencies:
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Recruitment Qualifications1. Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) such as Oracle is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to applyInterested candidates please apply via this LINK before 06/04/2023, 11:59 PM.
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Administrative Clerk (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Thực tập sinh Sáng tạo Nội dung (WildAct)WildAct
Thực tập sinh Thiết kế (WildAct)WildAct
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Micro Finance Senior Internal Control Officer (MFU - WVV)World Vision Vietnam
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX
Community Officer/Accountant (Live&Learn)Live&Learn
Nhân viên dự án (World Share)TỔ CHỨC WORLD SHARE CORPORATION
Temporary full-time assistant (FIT)Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)
Program Officer (WCS)WCS