- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Hanoi (Vietnam)
- Grade: LICA-9, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2021-06-23
- In coordination with the ETP Secretariat, provide guidance and suggestions for ETP’s program and its activities and objectives, challenges and opportunities based on local knowledge and developments;
- Promote and maintain effective teamwork within the ETP’s team and other UNOPS colleagues;
- Support implementation of ETP’s annual work plan, striving toward the set delivery and resource mobilization targets;
- Support drafting of ETP’s annual administrative and operational program and budget proposals and reports;
- Support programmatic and administrative reporting on the ETP’s activities in accordance with its monitoring and reporting requirements under its Results-based Management Framework and UNOPS reporting requirements.
- Support setting annual performance targets and objectives for the ETP team, assessing performance and providing feedback;
- Regularly report on national energy transition concerns and priorities and the political and socio-economic conditions and developments as they relate to the ETP, and analyze their impact on ETP’s work and programme.
- Support formulation and implementation of the ETP’s country work plan and its periodic review and updates and ensure alignment with ETP’s regional work plan;
- Under the supervision of the ETP Secretariat, support implementation of ETP’s grant allocations, maintenance of financial integrity of the programme by ensuring adherence to ETP’s Standard Operating Procedures and UNOPS rules and regulations, and ensuring timely and effective use of ETP resources;
- Support quality control measures in the implementation of a portfolio of project activities and concepts, and monitor the programme implementation progress and results;
- Support organization of periodic stakeholder workshops and project development sessions among partners in energy transition, private sector and civil society organizations (CSOs) and local communities, and potential applicants and other stakeholders to inform about ETP and its initiatives;
- Coordinate planning for project grants;
- Support oversight of ongoing ETP grant projects, and arrange for periodic project monitoring field visits and provide technical and operational support and guidance to ETP grantees, as required;
- Keep the ETP Secretariat informed on emerging risks and issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and foster programme, project, and policy linkages and coordination between ETP’s program and aligned programs under ETP, and broader programs in the energy sector funded by development partners, planned or underway in the country, and those of other government, donors and development partners.
- Report periodically to ETP, in particular the Fund Director and Program Manager on programme implementation status, including support annual monitoring reporting, financial reporting, audit, and support updating the relevant UNOPS and ETP databases;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of ETP’s programs and projects, in coordination with ETP Team;
- Perform and coordinate administrative tasks (i.e. procurement, travel) adhering to ETP’s operational manual and UNOPS’ guidelines on procurement rules and regulation; as required for programme implementation;
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders as well as facilitate visibility of the ETP.
- Analyze interest and priorities of key donors and other development partners, and develop/update and implement the resource mobilization and partnership strategy to mobilize resources from and develop partnerships with the government, donors and other partners to best leverage ETP resources and develop programme level partnerships.
- Liaise with the ETP Secretariat on emerging opportunities, due diligence processes and funding negotiations
- Support ETP with its resource mobilization activities, including securing co-financing, as required, and project level partnerships, and assist in identifying opportunities and resources for sustaining and scaling up projects
- Document programme/project stories, lessons learned, and best practices in ETP programme/project development, implementation, and oversight;
- Identify country, regional and global knowledge relevant to ETP, and develop and distill best practices and facilitate dissemination and incorporation within ETP’s programs and to counterparts and partners;
- Support capacity building and networking of grantees, beneficiaries, and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge exchange, and promote uptake through knowledge platforms, knowledge fairs etc
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Engineering, Environmental Economics, Development, Finance, Business Administration or similar field. A Bachelor’s degree with additional two (2) years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in the energy sector, energy transition, climate issues, environment or development work, which should include programme management, preferably with an extended specialized experience in any of the thematic area of energy transition at the national level.
- Proficiency in standard computer software (word-processing, excel, presentations, databases, and internet) or Google Suite
- Fluency in English is required.
- Local language in the countries of ETP’s operation is an advantage.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is considered an asset.
- This is a local position, therefore only nationals of duty station or applicants who are legally entitled to be employed in the duty station will be considered.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD