- Contribute to the Embassy’s strategic, annual and programme planning, including decisions on programme partnerships and budgets.
- Contribute to monitoring, assessing and reporting progress against the Embassy’s Strategy and business plan; contribute to annual report.
- Review, analyse and summarise key debates, reports and policy papers related to thematic areas of focus, e.g. gender, climate, etc., and contribute to the development of analysis, lessons learned and strategy papers for these areas.
- Identify opportunities across the Embassy programme for greater consideration of thematic priorities such as gender equality, governance etc.
- Manage partnerships and projects across Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Myanmar/Burma in accordance with the Embassy’s grant management guidelines. This will include appraisal and monitoring of partnerships, project implementation and results, according to a results-based approach.
- Organise, participate in and report on regular field monitoring of Embassy partners and projects across the four countries. Frequent travel to project locations around Vietnam and in Cambodia, Lao PDR and Myanmar/Burma will be required.
- Ensure financial management of and accountability for partnerships and projects. This includes processing payments, appraisal and monitoring of budgets and expenditure, preparation and monitoring of financing agreements.
- Brief management on progress, impacts and risks; follow-up on audit reports and recommendations.
- Maintain all documentation (hard copy and electronically) of programme partners and grants.
- Support documentation and dissemination of partner results and case studies.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with government officials, civil society, academic and private sector partners across Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Myanmar/Burma.
- Attend, input into, and report on relevant external working groups, coordination structures and other events. Communicate and promote Ireland’s positions at these events. Analyse information presented at these events and recommend the best course of action for the Embassy.
- Actively engage with relevant staff at HQ and in other Irish Embassies on issues relating to thematic and other areas of focus, to ensure consistency and coherence in Ireland’s approach and priorities.
- Support the promotion of Ireland, maintain diaspora links and build an active community of ‘Friends of Ireland’ through networking and attending Embassy events.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Embassy’s public diplomacy and communications work, including through social media.
- Contribute to the design and execution of the Embassy’s trade agenda, including by building relationships with Irish and Vietnamese businesses and state agencies, and by making links between development and trade work and partners.
- Support consular work as required, including managing the Embassy’s public office and interaction with citizens, providing consular services (review and processing of passport applications and emergency travel documents, certification of documents, etc.), preparing visa applications for consideration by the approving officer and supporting emergency consular assistance.
- Manage or provide support to key Embassy events, especially but not limited to those related to programmatic areas of work.
- Provide translation and interpretation support; provide administrative support including meeting organisation and reporting, scheduling, correspondence and logistics arrangements (including travel).
- Conduct other tasks as directed by Embassy management.
- Bachelors level qualification in development studies, social sciences, economics or other relevant discipline
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Relevant administrative experience and attention to detail; capacity to focus on priorities and to work to tight deadlines; willingness to take on a wide range of tasks ranging from basic to complex
- Ability to listen, to consult and to share information and ideas; ability to work independently, whilst having teamwork skills; pleasant and outgoing personality
- Willingness to travel frequently as requested; willing to undertake training
- Excellent competency in English and Vietnamese
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Vietnam prior to recruitment.
- Knowledge of Khmer and/or Lao languages an advantage
- Experience in supporting or managing development programmes; experience of working for international organisations or embassies an advantage
- The successful candidates will be hired on a fixed-term contractual basis and will be based at Ireland’s Permanent Mission to Vietnam, Hanoi.
- The gross salary for the position is $929 per month, paid locally on a monthly basis.
- The positions will have an annual leave allowance of 20 days per annum, exclusive of public holidays.
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelors level qualification in development studies, social sciences, economics or other relevant discipline.
- Experience in supporting or managing development programmes, with experience of working for international organisations or embassies an advantage.
- Sound understanding of the socio-economic development environment in Vietnam, with knowledge of the context in Cambodia, Lao PDR and/or Myanmar/Burma an advantage. Knowledge and understanding of Ireland’s development programme.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision, to set priorities and manage complex tasks and competing demands to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards of work. Ability to adapt to new tasks and situations as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to cooperate well with colleagues, partners and government and to develop good working relationships. Ability to work well as a member of a team, as well as to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Vietnamese, including strong liaison, negotiation and translation skills. Competency in Khmer/Lao languages an advantage.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/06/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
12/07/2021Preferred by Nature
30/06/2021Pacific Links Foundation