Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APFWLD) is the leading network of feminist organisations and individual activists in Asia Pacific. APWLD fosters feminist movements in Asia Pacific to influence laws, policies and practices at the local, national, regional and international levels. APWLD empowers women in the region to use law as an instrument of change for equality, justice, peace and Development Justice.
ABOUT THE GROUNDING THE GLOBAL (GG) PROGRAMM
The Grounding the Global (GG) Programme is integral in creating, defending, and transforming international and regional policy making spaces to amplify the voices of grassroots women and movements from Asia and the Pacific.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia and the Pacific. Experience in working with a movement-based organisation such as feminist movements, indigenous peoples, farmers, migrants, workers, fisherfolk, Dalits, LBTQI, or other movements is an asset
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic, and socio-cultural environments in the region and its impact on women’s human rights.
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with international human rights, women and development issues in Asia and the Pacific. Experience in policy analysis is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with International Human Rights and Regional Mechanisms, including UN Human Rights Council, Treaty Bodies, UN ESCAP, ASEAN, Pacific Island Forum, SAARC, or alternative approaches to regionalism.
- A degree in social sciences; international law, human rights, development, or women’s studies.
- Three to five years’ experience in development work and women’s human rights at the national, regional, or international level.
- Strong coordination/ teamwork skills both within and across teams
- High level of project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership-driven network and its allies.
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written; demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as programme reports and project proposals.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to network in a multicultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders.
- Proficient ICT, writing and editing skills including the ability to coordinate publication work from programme content to production work in various forms and media.
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Salary range commences at USD 1,500 per month. Other benefits include contributions to an employment pension fund, state mandated social security, health insurance; office allowance for staff working from home country.
This is a full-time position with a 2-year contract (renewable) and also working from home country. A probationary period of four months applies.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Online Application Form (preferred); or offline form
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and analytical skills particularly in the area of women’s human rights, migration and/ or development at the country, sub-regional and regional levels (e.g. an article, research and project/programme report, programme plan, statements)
Online application is preferred but should email submission be easier, please send the documents via email with the subject line “Application for Programme Officer, Grounding the Global (GG)” to Marion Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 23 April 2021, 6pm (UTC +7).
Deadline: Friday, 23 April 2021, 6pm (UTC +7)
Location: Grounding the Global
For more information and application details, click HERECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)
21/04/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation