Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APFWLD) is the leading network of feminist organisations and individual activists in Asia Pacific. APWLD fosters feminist movements in Asia Pacific to influence laws, policies and practices at the local, national, regional and international levels. APWLD empowers women in the region to use law as an instrument of change for equality, justice, peace and Development Justice.
ABOUT THE GROUNDING THE GLOBAL (GG) PROGRAMM
The Grounding the Global (GG) Programme is integral in creating, defending, and transforming international and regional policy making spaces to amplify the voices of grassroots women and movements from Asia and the Pacific.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia and the Pacific. Experience in working with a movement-based organisation such as feminist movements, indigenous peoples, farmers, migrants, workers, fisherfolk, Dalits, LBTQI, or other movements is an asset
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic, and socio-cultural environments in the region and its impact on women’s human rights.
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with international human rights, women and development issues in Asia and the Pacific. Experience in policy analysis is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with International Human Rights and Regional Mechanisms, including UN Human Rights Council, Treaty Bodies, UN ESCAP, ASEAN, Pacific Island Forum, SAARC, or alternative approaches to regionalism.
- A degree in social sciences; international law, human rights, development, or women’s studies.
- Three to five years’ experience in development work and women’s human rights at the national, regional, or international level.
- Strong coordination/ teamwork skills both within and across teams
- High level of project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership-driven network and its allies.
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written; demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as programme reports and project proposals.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to network in a multicultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders.
- Proficient ICT, writing and editing skills including the ability to coordinate publication work from programme content to production work in various forms and media.
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Salary range commences at USD 1,500 per month. Other benefits include contributions to an employment pension fund, state mandated social security, health insurance; office allowance for staff working from home country.
This is a full-time position with a 2-year contract (renewable) and also working from home country. A probationary period of four months applies.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Online Application Form (preferred); or offline form
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and analytical skills particularly in the area of women’s human rights, migration and/ or development at the country, sub-regional and regional levels (e.g. an article, research and project/programme report, programme plan, statements)
Online application is preferred but should email submission be easier, please send the documents via email with the subject line “Application for Programme Officer, Grounding the Global (GG)” to Marion Cabrera at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 23 April 2021, 6pm (UTC +7).
Deadline: Friday, 23 April 2021, 6pm (UTC +7)
Location: Grounding the Global
For more information and application details, click HERE
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD