As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) (2019-2021) is the development program that is funded by the governments of Viet Nam and Germany and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). Its objective is to support the Vietnamese authorities on their path for a sustainable development of the Mekong Delta through the climate-resilient management of natural resources along the coast. MCRP will focus on three working areas:
- Governance support for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: Support the establishment of an institutional frame for regional coordination in the Mekong Delta
- Investment policy for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: Support the improvement of investment planning and coordination for a climate-resilient and gender-sensitive land and water use management incl. coastal protection for the Mekong Delta
- Technology and Solutions for seven coastal provinces and An Giang province of the Mekong Delta to intensify the use of innovative and climate-adapted technologies and solutions.
The MCRP is looking for a qualified local professional specialized in enabling frameworks relevant to aquaculture development for the following position:
Programme Officer in Aquaculture “MCRP”
Duty Station: Can Tho City, Viet Nam
Duration: ASAP from until 30. June 2024
- Implement daily operational aspects of all issues related to the action area of aquaculture
- Provide highest-quality technical advice on innovations and technologies for better water quality management in shrimp production to immediate partners: DARDs, farmers and relevant stakeholders
- Develop and implement creative approaches to strengthen the capacities of key stakeholders on adopted innovations and technologies (trainings, workshops and others)
- Provide technical support and review of project activities and studies, etc
- Facilitate practical approaches for the demonstration of technology solutions for possible upscale for the shrimp development context
- Develop terms of reference and work closely with service providers that carry out short-term assignments
- Ensure and maintain close and effective cooperation among experts, partners and the project team;
- Provide support for implementing project activities at field level
- Be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved stakeholders
- Provide other support if required (e.g. translation).
- University degree in aquaculture, biotechnology, environment, natural resource management.
- At least 5 years practical experience in aquaculture production and at least 2 years professional working experience in a similar position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of shrimp technologies and farming process (e.g. RAS, wastewater treatment...)
- Practical knowledge on aquaculture development and digital tools
- Experience in working for international organizations, private sector
- Experience in executive functions in private & public sector
- Knowledgeable on impact of climate change, smart aquaculture, sustainable use of natural resources at community level, coastal ecosystems
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet), quantitative analysis tools and MS Office
- Practical knowledge of international and national standards on aquaculture and quality standards would be an asset
- Very good skills in English language, in speaking, reading and report writing
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 2nd July 2021.
Note: Please state the following “Application for Programme Officer in Aquaculture_MCRP” in the subject line or on the envelope
Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia