Oxfam in Vietnam vacancy
PROGRAMME OFFICER – Livelihood (POVCD191202)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Vietnam is working to seek transformative changes in policies, practices and beliefs in ways that will fundamentally improve the lives of poor and marginalized women and men, and ensure that all citizens have the same opportunity to enjoy their rights.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
To ensure effective delivery of the livelihood projects through provision of high quality overall management of project cycle from designing, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, to documentation of project results and learning.
- Contract: Fixed term, one-year contract with possible extension based on funding availability
- Reporting to: Senior Program Manager
- Based in: Hanoi with frequent travel
- Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting of assigned projects
- Support partners in program/project development and implementation through technical advice on sustainable and inclusive value chain developments-related issues, develop and maintain relationship with partners, local authorities and other relevant value chain actors in the project areas.
- Contribute to build capacities of partners, SMEs and farmer groups on related areas such as inclusive business, sustainable production and marketing, research and advocacy, etc.
- Work closely with partners, SMEs and farmer groups to assess training needs, develop training curriculum in line with Oxfam and other tested training materials, facilitate training sessions and follow up with impact of the training.
- Contribute to writing programme/project learning documents, case studies, blogs, video clips and take part in policy advocacy for good practices, lessons, processes of the programme.
- Implement and review Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework of the assigned projects, and contribute to baseline surveys, progress monitoring events, producing project reports in time as per scheduled.
- Monitor project spending, review financial reports prepared by project partners
- Actively network with relevant working groups, value chain actors, government agencies to develop and implement joint initiatives and advocacy events at local or/and national level(s).
- Act as Oxfam’s representative at provincial or/and national(s) level as required;
- Ensure the linkages and coherence of the assigned projects to the broader Oxfam in Vietnam’s value chain development and private sector engagement strategy
- Contribute to create synergy with other components or projects of Oxfam in Vietnam, such as CSR standards, women economic empowerment, SME development, etc
- Ensure implementation of Oxfam’s and donor’s (where relevant) operational policies, procedures and guidelines in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Work in close collaboration with other Oxfam teams, contribute to the development and implementation of Oxfam strategy and programmes in Vietnam.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- University degree/post graduate, preferably Agri-business, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
- Substantial knowledge about sustainable agriculture value chain development and familiarity with innovative approaches to address the related problems.
- Substantial working experience with development programmes/projects and private sector in Vietnam.
- Practical knowledge and experience of projects design, report writing, developing training and IEC materials, advocacy and inter-agency networking and coordination
- Sound experience in resource management, e.g. finance, assets.
- Sound experience in managing and monitoring value chain development projects, including partnership management.
- Good analytical thinking skills and abilities to influence others.
- Good social and intercultural skills.
- Good written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Good computer skills (writing and spreadsheet programmes).
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Vietnam.
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
Gross Annual Salary Range: VND343,685,322 – VND604,886,167
How to apply
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae and mentioning reference number POVCD191202 to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org .
The closing date for application: 30th December 2019
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employerCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF