As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) (2019-2021) is a technical cooperation programme, jointly funded by the governments of Viet Nam and Germany and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). Its objective is to support the Vietnamese authorities on their path for a sustainable development of the Mekong Delta through the climate-resilient management of natural resources along the coast. MCRP focuses on three working areas:
- Governance support for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the establishment of an institutional framework for regional coordination in the Mekong Delta
- Investment policy for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the improvement of investment planning and coordination for a climate-resilient and gender-sensitive land and water use management including coastal protection for the Mekong Delta
- Technology and solutions for seven coastal provinces and An Giang province of the Mekong Delta to intensify the use of innovative and climate-adapted technologies and solutions
MCRP has a comprehensive workplan focused on three key areas: land-use and agriculture, water, and regional coordination in the Mekong Delta. To effectively carry out the programme activities, additional human resources are required.
In particular, this vacancy announcement relates to a recent additional commission along the coast of the Mekong Delta that will look into the following two project components:
- Mangrove rehabilitation: T-Fences are in place to protect the coastline, Mangrove mudflats have been rehabilitated at two sites, Opportunities to develop a mangrove nursery have been explored.
- Enable communities to manage the rehabilitated forests: Communities are aware of the importance of mangroves, Communities co-manage the mangrove forests and surrounding natural resources, Communities benefit from additional income opportunities provided by the forests.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) is thus looking for a qualified local professional for the position of:
Programme Officer in mangrove rehabilitation and community engagement in natural resource management Duty station: Can Tho City, Vietnam Duration: ASAP until 30.04.2023
- Successful implementation and coordination of the project activities;
- Coordinating and liaising with partners at local level, consultants and concerned units of GIZ for implementing activities, including preparation of concepts, paperwork and documents for event organisation;
- Providing technical advice for coastal protection, mudflat rehabilitation and mangrove afforestation activities, as well as ensuring sustainability aspects via enabling communities to co-manage the rehabilitated forest areas;
- Compiling relevant information, data and contents as required for M&E purposes;
- Support for formulating consultancy terms of reference, and participating in related activities, including performance evaluation;
- Support the project team in the planning and preparation of events, workshops and field trips;
- Providing support for design and capacity development measures for decision makers and local communities (trainings, workshops and materials) and subsequently getting feedback from decision makers and local communities to develop best practices and policy papers;
- Maintaining a good flow of communication and information between all involved stakeholders;
- Providing other support if required (e.g. translation).
- University degree in forestry, environmental science, coastal engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in a similar position;
- Knowledgeable in climate change adaptation; coastal engineering and coastal ecosystems, mangrove rehabilitation and coastal afforestation, natural resource management; sustainable use of natural resources at community level;
- Excellent skills in working with different stakeholders, local partners, experts, farmers and communities, local subsidiaries;
- Experience in project management and implementation;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, very good communication (and PR) skills;
- Very good English skills in speaking, reading and report writing;
- Enthusiastic about presenting and delivering project results in a concise and visually compelling manner (infographics, data visualization, PR material like picture and film material);
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation within development organization a plus;
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within the Mekong Delta Provinces.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 27th November 2020.
Note: Please state “Application for the Programme Officer – Mangrove Rehabilitation / MCRP” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy