- Position type: Temporary Appointment
- Location: Switzerland
- Division/Equivalent: Partnerships
- School/Unit: Geneva, Switzerland
- Department/Office: Private Fund Raising and Partnerships
- Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships, P-3
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens and addressing inequity, will not only give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but will also lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UNICEF Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) Division is based in Geneva with the remit to serve the global organization, including the network of 33 UNICEF National Committees, with leadership and technical support to achieve our goals of engaging with the Private Sector. The Programme Coordination Unit within PFP enables colleagues across the organization to leverage game changing partnerships with UNICEF’s private sector partners using Impact Content and by strategically connecting the “field” with the private sector.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this job is to support Pillar 1 of the team strategy, which is “Impact Content”. Impact Content is a recent term used by the PFP Programme Coordination team to define a new set of investment cases and “Accelerator Propositions” as well as the corresponding quality donor reporting. This content brings together experts across UNICEF programmes and partnership and describes new ways that Business, Philanthropists, Foundations, and Investors can create sustainable impact through partnership with UNICEF.
How can you make a difference?
The main tasks are to develop key areas of Impact Content with engagement across the organization and with the private sector. This includes management of several initiatives.
- Develop be-spoke content for fundraising and partnerships
Develop investment cases, proposals, and bespoke content for high value partnerships reflecting the ways that the private sector can engage with UNICEF in a post-COVID world. Work closely with PFP teams and NatCom focal points in the identification of needs that transition funding from emergency to sustainable funding and partnership opportunities with philanthropists, business, foundations, innovative financing, and other private sector audiences.
Within the above main task, there are key deliverables within the 8-month period:
- Finalization of a new global narrative for post-COVID world, demonstrating programming priorities, UNICEF’s comparative advantages, and private sector interests.
- Production and dissemination of a defined set of UNICEF fundraising investment cases, including at regional level, at the request of the Regional Office.
- Based on the global narrative, develop an agreed number of bespoke proposals for the highest value partnerships to transition from emergency funding to sustainable, high quality OR or RR.
- Provide requisite capacity building support related to the topic, for effective use broadly across the organization.
Estimated Duration of the contract:
- 8 Months
- The incumbent will report to the Chief of Programme Coordination, PFP
- Geneva, Switzerland (Possible Remote working)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced degree in one of the following fields: communications, social sciences, marketing, public relations, business administration and management is required.
- Alternatively, a first level university degree in a relevant field combined with 7 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in private sector engagement/Fundraising with significant cross-over with development programming is required.
- Experience of developing written and presentational materials for partners is required.
- Solid understanding of UNICEF programmes and operations; regional or country office experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of the private sector interests; shared value and philanthropic partnership experience is a plus.
- Strong planning/organizing skills.
- Highest strategic thinking and creative thinking skills.
- Strong writing skills, with strong preference for knowledge and experience in writing for private sector audiences.
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative public speaking.
- Has highest people skills, and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Driver for Results (L III)
- Communication (L III)
- Working with people (L II)
- Analyzing (L II)
- Persuading and Influencing (L III)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: 13/1/2021 (Europe Standard Time)
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/536977Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/11/2020The World Bank
12/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS