Project Admin and Finance Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
- Position Title: Project Admin and Finance Assistant
- Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Classification: General Service Staff, G5
- Type of Appointment: One- year fixed term with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 5PM, 11 June 2023
About the organization:
- Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Organizational Context and Scope:
- IOM Viet Nam, through its projects and programmes on human development, supports the Government of Viet Nam to enhance its legal and policy framework to better manage migration and protect migrants in vulnerable situation. IOM’s projects deliver policy, safe migration information, awareness raising, training, capacity building and research in the areas of counter trafficking, labour migration, migrant heath, immigration and border management to Government, public and private sector stakeholders.
- Under the primary supervision of the National Resource Management Officer, secondary supervision of the Head of Projects and Partnerships, the successful candidate will provide administrative and financial assistance in the implementation of current and potential future projects in the field of counter human trafficking, labour migration and mobility, livelihood, and reintegration support. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative, financial assistance, supporting implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the project activities, as well as supporting project development in accordance with IOM’s guidelines.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:Project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation:
- Undertake administrative and logistical arrangements required for project-related activities which include but is not limited to drafting meeting notes; preparing and finalizing financial and administrative documents according to IOM’s processes such as logistic notes, participant list, pay-lists, requests for payment, purchase requests, trip itineraries and duty travel authorization requests etc;
- In collaboration with IOM Finance and Procurement Unit and relevant project staff and as assigned, provide support related to financial and procurement matters, which includes but is not limited to:
- Supporting the review of financial proposals and financial reports of implementing partners/ service providers;
- Following up with implementing partners/ service providers when necessary to ensure quality financial reports are timely submitted;
- Assisting with expenditure forecasts and financial reports to donors;
- Ensuring proper entry, update and management of project financial data in PRIMA and PRISM as required;
- Supporting the collection and synthesis of financial documents upon completion of project activities delivered by IOM’s direct implementation and Implementing Partners, Service Providers and Consultants.
- In liaison with IOM procurement focal point, assisting with searching and assessing quality vendors and markets for procurement of goods, equipment, and services required for the project implementation.
- Assisting with preparing contracting procedures related to projects, including but not limited to drafting consultant contracts; service agreements and project implementation agreements; and creating Purchase Orders according to IOM’s processes.
- Assisting with tracking project related milestones and processing payments for consultants, service providers and implementing partners accordingly.
- Assist with tracking projects’ burn-rates at activity and ouput levles so as to timely inform the project team and project managers to reassess the programming.
- Support the conduct of spot check, audit as assigned.
- Assist in planning, coordination and arrangements to conduct the related projects events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) including workshops, seminars, conferences, trainings, meetings, presentations, including participants’ travel and hotel arrangements where necessary;
- Support the liaison with implementing partners for inputs to reports and other materials such as visibility materials, communication and media materials as applicable.
- Support capacity building and training for Implementing Partners with regard to financial and procurement issues as applicable.
- Collect and manage data on project implementation progress on a periodical basis following the project results matrix and other agreed internal monitoring tools and as assigned.
- Collect and manage data and financial documents on a regular basis following IOM’s processes.
- Provide support in compiling data and research, desk review to support implementation of current project and development of new projects, donor information requests, as required.
- Undertake duty travel for monitoring, trainings, workshops, conferences, meetings, and presentations as required.
- Undertake informal translations and/or interpretation upon request.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Public administration, Business administration, International Studies, Political Science, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Or High School Degree/Certificate from an accredited academic institution in above fields with minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
Required Competencies: The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competenciesValues
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at https://vietnam.iom.int/vi Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title. IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed. Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children