- Position Title: Project Admin and Finance Assistant
- Duty Station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Classification: G5
- Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 5:00 PM, December 8, 2021
- Reference Code: VN2021/HN/021 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
IOM Viet Nam, through its labour migration and human development programme supports the Government of Viet Nam to enhance its legal and policy framework to better manage labour migration and protect migrant workers. IOM’s labour migration projects deliver policy, safe migration information, training and capacity building in the areas of labour migration and ethical recruitment to public and private sector stakeholders.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Projects and Partnership, secondary supervision of Project Manager (CREST), and direct supervision of the Labour Migration National Programme Officer, the successful candidate will provide administrative and financial assistance in the implementation of current and potentially future projects are related to labour migration and ethical recruitment, business and human rights, and private sector engagement. The incumbent will be responsible for administrative, financial assistance, supporting implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project activities, as well as supporting project development in accordance with IOM’s guidelines.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation:
- Provide administrative and logistical support required for the project, including but not limited to drafting meeting notes, preparing and finalizing administrative documents according to IOM’s processes;
- Assist in planning, coordination and arrangements for conducting project events (virtual, hybrid and offline) such as workshops, seminars/conferences, trainings, meetings, presentations, including participants’ travel and hotel arrangements and trip itineraries where necessary;
- In liaison with IOM Procurement, Administrative and Human Resources Unit, assist the procurement of goods and services for project, which includes the contracting of vendors, consultants, service providers and implementing partners;
- In collaboration with IOM Finance Unit and relevant project staff and as assigned, provide support related to financial matters, which includes but is not limited to:
- Preparing budget estimates for project proposals/ concept notes in accordance with IOM cost norms;
- Supporting project staff with budget revisions following project amendments
- Supporting the review of financial proposals and financial reports of implementing partners/ service providers
- Following up with implementing partners/ service providers when necessary to ensure quality financial reports are timely submitted
- Providing training for implementing partners/ service providers on relevant IOM Financial Regulations
- Assisting project managers with expenditure forecasts and financial reports to donors
- Ensuring proper entry, update and management of project financial data in PRIMA
- Support the conduct of spot check, audit as assigned.
Relations with external counterparts:
- Support the liaison with Government and implementing partners for inputs to reports, visibility materials, communication and media materials as applicable
- Support capacity building and training initiatives in areas of labour migration with Government and implementing partners.
- Collect and manage data on project implementation progress on a periodical basis following the project results matrix and other agreed internal monitoring tools and as assigned.
- Contribute to the design and adaptation of training materials related to labour migration data, behavioural change and communication as assigned.
- Monitor and compile statistical data and information on relevant trends, policies in the field of labour migration;
- Provide support in compiling data and research, desk review to support new project concept notes and proposals and donor information requests, assist with the relevant drafting as required.
- Undertake duty travel for monitoring, trainings, workshops, conferences, meetings, and presentations as required.
- Draft talking points and undertake informal translations and/or interpretation upon request.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Public administration, Business administration, International Studies, Political Science, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- High School Degree/Certificate from an accredited academic institution in above fields with minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in programme development support, projects management support and implementation, including budget development, budget management, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in supporting liaison with government authorities, other national and international institutions, non-government organizations and civil society;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint;
- Good understanding of the issues of labour migration and migrants in vulnerable situations;
Languages: Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 23.11.2021 to 08.12.2021
10/02/2022SAVE VIETNAM'S WILDLIFE
07/02/2022FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization
15/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
14/02/2022Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
07/02/2022UK Embassy in Vietnam
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)