Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: HCMC, Vietnam
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4 (UN salary scale)
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: April 01, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications are welcome from first-and second-tier candidates. For the purpose of this vacancy, the internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates. Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the VN. The minimum time in post requirement will be reduced to six months or more for those with short-term contracts.
IOM's Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) is a regional partnership initiative that aims to realize the potential of business to uphold the human and labour rights of migrant workers in their operations and supply chains. The programme aims to enable business and regional actors to increasingly respect and promote the human and labour rights of women and men migrant workers in key industries and supply chains in Asia.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the Project Assistant will provide programmatic, administrative and logistical assistance in the implementation of projects under the CREST programme. Current and potentially future projects are related to labour migration, business and human rights, private sector engagement, stills development and digital transformation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in provision of administrative and logistical support required for the project, including but not limited to drafting meeting notes, preparing and finalizing administrative/financial documents according to IOM’s processes;
- Assist in coordination and arrangements for conducting project events such as workshops, seminars/conferences, trainings, meetings, presentations, including participants’ travel and hotel arrangements and trip itineraries where necessary;
- Assist IOM CREST project team in organizing duty travel and related administrative and logistical arrangements;
- Provide general and clerical support with project activities, which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributing to the drafting of concept notes and project proposals to private sector partners as well as other institutional donors, including researching for relevant information and drafting of project budgets;
- Liaison with stakeholders involved both internally and externally and follow-up to ensure timely progress of tasks assigned;
- Contributing to internal and external IOM CREST communication and visibility efforts in alignment with planned project deliverables;
- Tracking, compiling, and presenting information on new developments and relevant trends and policies in the field of labour migration, business and human rights; undertake desk research as required;
- Undertake duty travel for project events including trainings, workshops, conferences, meetings, and presentations as required;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor´s degree in Humanitarian Affairs, International Studies, Political Science, Law, Human Rights, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant professional experience; Or,
- High School Degree/Certificate from an accredited academic institution in social sciences or other relevant disciplines with minimum four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in assisting with project management and administration including project development, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Good communication, facilitation, presentation and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint;
- Good understanding of any of these themes: migration and development, business and human rights, corporate social responsibility, trafficking in persons, and forced labour;
- Experience in organisation and facilitating workshops and trainings;
- Experience in liaison and communication with public and private stakeholders and partners.
Languages: Fluency in both English and Vietnamese.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at www.iom.int.vn
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to email@example.com.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)