Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 22 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Location: Quang Binh or Hanoi or Da Nang
Deadline: 5 July 2021
The Opportunity - Project Assistant
The Project Assistant (PA) is primarily responsible for the implementation of Safe Back to School project (SB2S) in Quang Binh province.
The PA will assist to ensure that Save the Children’s (SCI) activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
- Program Development, Implementation, M&E, Reporting and Documentation
- Support Line Manager (LM) to develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan
- Assist LM to produce and submit a monthly work-plan and progress update to the PM/PC that indicates project activities as well as the PA’s schedule.
- Take part in the adaptation of SC’s Literacy Boost (LB) and Safe Back to School (SB2S) training packages for primary teachers/facilitators as well as students and parents/caregivers.
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work-plan and assigned by LM.
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SCI project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation
- Provide inputs for communication materials development
- Work closely with the project team and relevant local partners to create and pilot innovative and effective models or approaches that can extensively replicated at provincial, regional, and national scope
- Support local partners to conduct advocacy effort promote the use of LB and SB2S in Basic Education at different levels.
- Support LM to coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project surveys, activities and other related things
- Finance Management and Budget control
- Follow SCI and donor requirements on expenditures
- In collaboration with Finance team, support project teams and partners in budget planning, expenditures, procurement, and settlements of expenses.
- Admin, Operations and Personnel Supervision
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related things
- Responsible for managing and supervising Field Supporter/intern (if any)
- Meet with local partners, Core teachers/facilitators, Core Parents Educators a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation
- Ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager/Project Officer.
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, social work, environment or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 1 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields
- Experience in education program is desired.
- Willing to travel
- General knowledge/experience of effective admin and finance is desired
- General understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Vietnam regarding Education Program.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Good interpersonal skills. Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation